Graphics mod / Alien replacement [Fun mod]

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.

I think that would be...

Poll ended at Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:43 pm

... really funny. (And I love it and would like to have it)
88%
... fun, but not worth making it. (Would be funny at first, but annoying over time. Or not really interesting from beginning)
No votes
... really inappropriate. (I am offended by it [or by everything] and therefore hate it. Or hate the idea in general ... Games should stay pure]
13%
... ... . I think I am outa here. (I have no opinion on this matter)
No votes

Total votes: 8

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Graphics mod / Alien replacement [Fun mod]

Post by Bizz Keryear »

I am reeeealy untalented when it comes to CG graphic (and lazy, too). But from the very first time I thought it would be cool to replace the aliens,
mainly because how the aliens work at this game atm.
  • Biters:
    • I would like the Small Biter replace with an [one] Environment Activist [Greenpeace?] with a small sign. When attacking he would bash with his sign.
    • As the biters get bigger so the crowd of Activists and the signs [/ banners] they hold.
  • Spitters:
    • The Spitters would be replaced in a similar way. But they would look more like hooligans all hooded with masks. and their attack would be throwing Molotovs.
    • The growing crowd would trow more of em as visible effect for the bigger damage (more of cocktails in one GIF)
    • The largest ones could throw oil barrels
  • Worms:
    • I would (if I could) replace worms with different sized Sequoias. when becoming active an Activist would crawl out of his little tree house and throw stones [or Molotovs]
  • Spawners:
    • My idea for Spawners would be to replace them with tents. Making alien bases look like activists occupying a ground.
If someone thinks that Idea is cool and has the ability to do so, please go ahead and make it.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Graphics mod / Alien replacement [Fun mod]

Post by steinio »

I laughed a lot at reading your post and i can imagine your idea.
So it will be because if you can imagine it, it is possible.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

rufflezau
Inserter
Inserter

Post by rufflezau »

Wow Great minds think alike XD looks like you beat me to the punch with the request XD, look before you post.

I would think alien spawner's would be funnier as hippy vans and have a endless supply of people running out :D

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bizz Keryear »

rufflezau wrote:Wow Great minds think alike XD looks like you beat me to the punch with the request XD, look before you post.

I would think alien spawner's would be funnier as hippy vans and have a endless supply of people running out :D
Maybe a mix of both... Spitters out of vans, biters out of tents.

technocrazy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by technocrazy »

it actually is possible, but I suck at pixel art and they would probably end up looking like habo hotel or something.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Oh wow, why has nobody implemented this awesome idea?!

For spitters, I'd visualise as black bloc (the folks all in black with red/black flags at protests, sometimes hurling stones or molotovs at the fash). Don't forget the Keffiyehs covering faces :)

As for worms, Gezi Park style barricades (often made of bricks, chunks of wood, metal fencing, etc) would be neat.

It would be perfect response to the ecocide caused by the factory.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”