[Request] unending rail laid down at spawn point

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Jebobek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Request] unending rail laid down at spawn point

Post by Jebobek »

I'd like an eternal rail mod as a balance for maps with extreme scarcity of resources. You can hop in a train and go until you find something.

I'd like to mod to simply lay rail down when the map is generated in all four cardinal directions away from the spawn point. When it hits water it could do two things- continue after the water ends (forcing the player to connect it) or just have concrete underneath it. I'm not particular- whatever is easier to mod.

I saw that the wiki has a bit in some LUA commands on placing resources. Is there a simple command to drop rail down eternally in one direction?

Wiki example:
/c local surface = game.local_player.surface;
for y=-2,2 do
for x=-2,2 do
surface.create_entity({name="stone", amount=5000, position={game.local_player.position.x+x, game.local_player.position.y+y}})
end
end

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] unending rail laid down at spawn point

Post by orzelek »

This could be a cool idea actually.

If there are some more voices after it I could consider it as an optional functionality for RSO - it could fit there in overall purpose of the mod.

Jebobek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Request] unending rail laid down at spawn point

Post by Jebobek »

Thanks for your consideration. It defeats some challenge of rail building for normal RSO, but I feel if people want to jack up the scarcity this could make scouting more feasible. It could also get newer players into these types of mod.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”