[Idea] Paver

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Terra_Incognito
Inserter
Inserter

[Idea] Paver

Post by Terra_Incognito »

I have an idea for a paving machine. It would be similar to the FARL except tracks would not be required. You could load materials into it and it would create paths for you automatically, clearing the way as it goes. this way you could create freeways on your map without the tedious tree clearing.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Idea] Paver

Post by Afforess »

Terra_Incognito wrote:I have an idea for a paving machine. It would be similar to the FARL except tracks would not be required. You could load materials into it and it would create paths for you automatically, clearing the way as it goes. this way you could create freeways on your map without the tedious tree clearing.
I already wrote Concrete Logistics ( See my sig), but I am not sure how a paver machine would know where to make paths. Can you explain how this might work in more detail?

Terra_Incognito
Inserter
Inserter

Afforess wrote: I already wrote Concrete Logistics ( See my sig), but I am not sure how a paver machine would know where to make paths. Can you explain how this might work in more detail?
Basically, you get into it and drive it like a car and it clears trees/rocks/paves as you go, thereby creating a highway type system without trees and such

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Terra_Incognito wrote:
Afforess wrote: I already wrote Concrete Logistics ( See my sig), but I am not sure how a paver machine would know where to make paths. Can you explain how this might work in more detail?
Basically, you get into it and drive it like a car and it clears trees/rocks/paves as you go, thereby creating a highway type system without trees and such
Ok - so this would be explicitly player controlled? That sounds possible.

Terra_Incognito
Inserter
Inserter

Yeah, I would imagine you might even be able to repurpose the farl mod to use a car fairly easily (assuming you knew what you were doing).

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

I event thgink you could reuse some of the code from my subsurface mod (the code of the borer, except instead of clearing the underground, it would clear trees and place concrete)

might be able to do this, just ... not now, still working on the subsurface mod (when I'm not playing that is :D )

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorio2016 »

Terraforming - Bridges, Moats & Drawbridges
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=15038&hilit=Terraforming#p101939

there are bridge builders, may be this will help
English is not my native language. Translator.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”