Gas Mask module to reduce Poison damage

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Gas Mask module to reduce Poison damage

Post by Peter34 »

I often use Poison Capsules to remove Trees that are in my way (see also my other thread, started just a few minutes after this one - the two suggestions synergize well). It's not particularly dangeros since I can move out of the way of the poison cloud, but what if I could instead move through it with a reasonable expectation of not taking huge damage?

My proposal is a module for the Modular Armor/Power Armor, taking up about 2x2 slots, and requiring these to build:
1 Coal (it uses "activated charcoal" or something like that - charcoal is made from Wood, but it'd be evil to require players to use Wood, so I think Coal is better)
1 Green Circuit
1 Pipe
1 Plastic

Can be hand-made, or in a tier 2 or 3 Assembler Machine.

The effect should be that it reduces Poison damage by 5 numerically but having no percentage-reduction. This simulates that it gives good protection against weak sources of poison, but does little against stronger sources of poison, because perhaps those stronger sources of poison have an acidic effect or are absorbed through the skin or something.

It could well have a power drain. Night Vision, as of 12.6 (unless I'm using a mod that changed that, but I doubt it) requires 1 kW, which strikes me as ridiculously low. It sems as if the NV module wasn't scaled up along with the other energy-using and energy-producing/storing modules with the introduction of the Personal Roboport (which is what inclines me to assume that the 1 kW is a vanilla value, andnot something changed by one of the many small/medium sizes mods I use).

Anyway, I think a drain of 50 kW, or something like that, would be proper.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Gas Mask module to reduce Poison damage

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of at least to script-interupt a damage effect. There is also no way to alter the player's resistances aside from having armor with a different value set.
That said, you could add poison resistance to modular armor.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Gas Mask module to reduce Poison damage

Post by Peter34 »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of at least to script-interupt a damage effect. There is also no way to alter the player's resistances aside from having armor with a different value set.
That said, you could add poison resistance to modular armor.
Well, that's unfortunate, but a Gas Mask module is just something nice to have, not something that's critical to increased game enjoyment, whereas my other parallel mod proposal, Agent Orange anti-Tree Capsules, is critical to removing an early-game frustration (removing lots of Trees without having to work), and will work with or without a Gas Mask mod.

Someone ought to use the relevant sub-forum to ask the devs to implement the possibility of armor modules affecting the resistance values of the armor, though. I'd do that, but since I'm not a modder myself I really don't know the correct jargon to use.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”