[Idea]multi-worlds and new mining mechanic

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Solar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Idea]multi-worlds and new mining mechanic

Post by Solar »

Hi there,

I got 2 ideas that would be nice to have either in a mod or base game.

Idea 1
Now that the base game can support multiple worlds, it would be nice to develop a mod that can use the space launch mechanic to finally go into space.
If you launched into space then one would think that you could build ship a space ship to be able to move to other planets, move to another position in your main world. This would allow greater complexity such as build space ships that can do mass fright, make produce survey for new resources and many other things.
If I could mod I would, but I can't at the moment. If any modders are currently working on that, please make them simple so we can add them to other mods such as Dytec, Bobs mod and all the other great mod packs out there. The base game probably be very boring as there is limited resource types at them moment, It would be nice to see them add more resources in the base game.

Idea 2
While I am still in the typing mood I have a question, Why can't we mine stone out of the ground?
This would mean a new mining mechanic, hurdles I see in this is there is no terrain height map and the game would need scripting for generating terrain underground. I guess the more you mine a resource the bigger hole you make in the terrain, like the massive mines of todays major ore exporters. Stone should be easy to get as you would gain most of it from mining ores as part of mining process.
As for the early game small ore deposits should be available on the surface in order to progress, once you get some research done you could then start open cut mining using explosives and large excavating machinery.

If anyone who is a modder is reading this you think you would be able to make this happen or if it's possible to make it work. It would be awesome to use these.
I hope you can understand what I am trying to say too bad if you can't :p

Cheers

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Idea]multi-worlds and new mining mechanic

Post by jorgenRe »

Then I advice you to check out my mod The Underground when it is out of early WIP state ;)!
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... w=viewpoll
Since It is meant to be a place where you would want to go for much larger quantities of resources (of some types), but the place has new and greater risks than ever seen before! Poisonous air extreme heat both of which make it so that you have to wear special equipment down there :twisted:

Also cut off mining is possible, but it is not easy to make it look good when considering this game is 2D ;/
One more thing the space thing one may just be better off waiting for. Seeing as the devs are going to be implementing that space surface themselves. However who knows how it may be ;)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Solar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Solar »

Cheers,
I will have a look in to you mod and may have some suggestions if you want them ;)

Kind regards

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Solar wrote:Cheers,
I will have a look in to you mod and may have some suggestions if you want them ;)

Kind regards
Awesome :D!
All suggestions are well wanted seeing as the mod is in such early state ;)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

In the idea of a magic mod I was indeed looking into creating a new "age" or dimension.

take a look at the animo for the magic mod can be viewed here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 98#p102998

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”