[Req] Designate objects to not give alarm when attacked

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Utterbob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Req] Designate objects to not give alarm when attacked

Post by Utterbob »

HI all,

I've been thinking about the excessive alarms and decided that I don't want to eliminate them altogether. For me they are too useful pre-robots and even during building/expanding when I might not have construction bot coverage set up yet.

I think an excellent solution would be to disable the alarm, by choice, on specific objects. I'm imagining something that works like the deconstruction selector, except instead of flagging items for bots to pick up, it flags them as ignored by the alarm system. Could also be extended to include destroyed notifications (as another designator), that way I can flag as 'ignored for damage alarms' once I get repair coverage and I can flag stuff like wall segments & turrets as 'ignored for all notifications' once I have them automated and in the logistics system. It would also mean that I would still get notifications if they broke through because they will attack a power pole/light/whatever, which I would avoid flagging for that reason. :)

As I see it, that would get rid of the excessive irrelevant alarms but leave the alarm in on areas that are vulnerable to attrition. If the factory is not producing enough wall/turrets/etc to keep up with destruction, that will show up as a missing item for the robots.... i.e. you still get notified about the problem.

As a non-critical addition, it would be nice (maybe as a configurable option) to auto set flags on anything construction bots place. Ideally I'd like to be able to set it to off/damage warning only/all notifications and also choose to apply that to wall & turrets only or to all objects placed.

Not sure how feasible that is currently, since I'm not a programmer and I haven't modded anything for years... but then, that's why I'm making a request and not a new project! :P

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”