REQ: Designate requester chest logistics based on recipe

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
theBeave
Inserter
Inserter

REQ: Designate requester chest logistics based on recipe

Post by theBeave »

Request:
A GUI interface for requester chests to auto-designate the ingredients x10 the amount of said ingredients for a specific recipe.

Discussion:
Most of my requester chests are set up to support a specific assembly machine, or at the very least in response to a specific recipe need. This usually involves placing the logistics chest, opening the crafting window, looking up an trying to remember the ingredients to a specific item, then manually designating and multiplying those values in the requester's logistics slots. I think a mod to smooth this flow would be helpful and a nice QOL improvement.

Idea Workflow:
Crafting and placement of logistic chests are unchanged. (Hopefully, the mod interface even allows access to vanilla items without having to replace without having to create a discrete item for just this purpose) Once placed, a click on the chest would bring up the standard interface that we already see with the three panes: player inventory, chest logistics, chest inventory. Perhaps a button (named something like: 'auto-bill') could be added below the chest logistics section to pop open what would be familiar as the crafting window to allow selection of an item to designate from which recipe to build the logistics bill. The constituent ingredients would then automatically be added to the logistics section in a reasonable multiple (I propose x10 recipe amounts).

Advanced features might include the mod 'adding' the items to any existing entries, or maybe just replacing previously spec'd values. If becoming additive to existing values is possible, maybe it would be possible to follow the crafting click convention of a single left-click adds amounts for one recipe item and a right-click adds x5 more worth of ingredients. Obviously invalid items would be ignored, i.e. liquids.

Example:
  • Click into requester chest
    Click mod-button to bring up item selection
    Choose green circuits
    Magically, 20 copper coils and 10 iron plates are added to the logistics section

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”