[Idea] Battery-Pack Charge / Discharge Stations

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
shelli
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Idea] Battery-Pack Charge / Discharge Stations

Post by shelli »

Hey,

i used the search, but i didn´t find some similar to this idea, or didnt find it ;-) :

I´d like to have a "Battery Charge / Discharge Station" and transportable Battery-Packs (like Oil Barrels)
The idea is, to produce and charge the Battery-Packs at the Charging Station at Main Base and bring them to Outposts, to discharge them on energy demand.

From the mechanics that could be a mixture Oil Barrel / Accumulators.
Balancing proposal:
Battery-Packs should be stackable to 20 or something, and have 1/4 of the capacity from a stationary accu.
The charging time should also be 1/4 compared to a stationary accu.
A Battery-Pack could be producable from: 2 Batterys, 1 copper wire, 1 green circiut (security unit, charging display), 1 plastic (for casing the Battery Pack)

What about that? :)

Edit:
Maybe it should be capacitator´s instead of battery´s.
Cause the have a much more faster discharge. The discharge should be alot faster then the charging ^^

Greetz
Andi

iUltimateLP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Idea] Battery-Pack Charge / Discharge Stations

Post by iUltimateLP »

Well, cool idea. Im trying to arange something like this!

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

shelli wrote:Maybe it should be capacitator´s instead of battery´s.
No, battery :D

Thinking, is easier with a assembler machine who produces energy (I think is harder calculate how much energy it will produce, but i'm not sure), this assembler can produce energy working, and can only make 1 recipe, the discharger of batteries (with lua can make inoperable and for only this recipe and no one will see this).
But the assembler don't stop when the energy is full, and will stop when have "0" energy.
And with code only active every 5 secs or deactivate every 10 secs (in example, 600 ticks if is active, 300 is deactivate).

Or in other side, a assembler or furnace and make all the process with lua, but with this you are using a lot of "ontick" event, and maybe is... impossible to play with PC like the mine (example only).

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

A better idea might be to create hydrogen at your main power station and then transfer it to where power is needed. Then the hydrogen is used in a fuel cell to create energy. Super efficient (like 2 - 3 times or so more efficient than a combustion engine) when used in a fuel cell, but a normal combustion engine could work too :)
Also it's cheap to transfer (if you got the tech for it) and yields more energy per Kilogram of hydron than diesel (some 3 times as much)
Now that is in the future so i'm sure there are better ways to store hydrogen than there is today :D!

So how to create hydrogen?
There are multiple ways such as:
1. Electrolyse water
2. use methane, ( in factorio :), In real world :C )
3. And some more ways

BTW did you know that combustion engines in cars are super ineffcient as they only use about some 25 % of the energy put in for motion, rest is turned into heat :C
#We love hydrogen cars using Fuel cells when hydrogen is made in a green way :)
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

shelli
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shelli »

Hydrogen + fuel cell works too. Good idea.

I would prefer electrolyse Water :-)

alcan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alcan »

I have easy part done, just the whole concept of it using hydrogen instead of hot water... no idea xD

Any help is apreciated :D

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”