Bot needs/wants mod?

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
actmaxi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bot needs/wants mod?

Post by actmaxi »

Currently thinking of an idea where factorio bots form a sort of society with indivial wants and needs. Have some questions regarding that

1) Is it at all possible to replace bot logic in factorio mods? How extensive can be such replacements? For example, is it possible to associate some integer values with every bot and have it update those values and choose actions based on those? Or have bots attack or refuel other bots? I understand that, given the potential sheer amount of bots, such changes might cause issues regarding memory and lag, hence my doubt if it is at all supported.

2) Is it possible to make bots follow ground pathing rules? Or are they strictly flight only?

3) are there any mods that tackled any sort of similar problem? Specifically, where bots were made to do anything not directly related to player requests - maybe some sort of self-maintenance and the like. Maybe an expansion on the bot energy refueling system?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bot needs/wants mod?

Post by FuryoftheStars »

AFAIK, any and all logic with the bots are inaccessible to us. The most I've seen done are making ground based bots (most likely through the use of collision masks), manipulation of build zone ranges (on personal roboports) to force them into building closer entities first, and using events bots can trigger to cause rng breakdowns (destroys bot and drops a "broken bot" item on the ground in its place).
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

actmaxi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by actmaxi »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:59 am
AFAIK, any and all logic with the bots are inaccessible to us. The most I've seen done are making ground based bots (most likely through the use of collision masks), manipulation of build zone ranges (on personal roboports) to force them into building closer entities first, and using events bots can trigger to cause rng breakdowns (destroys bot and drops a "broken bot" item on the ground in its place).
Thanks for the answer. I guess i'll keep looking for other ways :)

BraveCaperCat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BraveCaperCat »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:59 am
Would it be possible to use a mod to direct a bot to a specific logistics chest? If so the idea is semi-possible, as bots can be moved wherever we want with a little bit of prototype trickery! (And a fully transparent texture)

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Not afaik.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”