[Idea] Biters only attacking specific things.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Taurondir
Inserter
Inserter

[Idea] Biters only attacking specific things.

Post by Taurondir »

I play on a server where we try and play a slightly different way every time, and from a conversation, I was wondering if for example "Biters only went to attack Miners and/or just wanted to go make nests on/near ore patches for <reasons>".

If for example, Biters just went nuts on ore fields, it would shift the game from an overall "base defense" to a more dedicated "defend <assets>" which also mean we could dial up Enemy Mods to 11 but not have situations where you go offline for the night and find your entire base obliterated; You would only have to "claw back" your fields to restart the factory going.

I kind of wanted the Dune idea with the worms where the enemy isn't just triggered by pollution but goes after specific objectives, and if one objective is possible this way, it would also be possible to add other entities.

I was initially just going to make a temp mod that just gave massive amounts of HP (and/or pollution settings) to every building OTHER then Mining Drills/power poles/belts/etc to "simulate" the end result, but was wondering if the Biter AI can be "directed" to specific targets.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Idea] Biters only attacking specific things.

Post by Pi-C »

Check out EntityWithOwnerPrototype. Entity prototypes based on this have a property is_military_target. I guess you'd achieve what you want by looping over all the entity prototypes in data-final-fixes.lua and setting/unsetting that property.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”