GPS tracker for entities (mostly trains)

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
TheoMarque
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

GPS tracker for entities (mostly trains)

Post by TheoMarque »

Hi, looking for mod that create an output for every group contains a position of type entity.

Why? I would like to create a map using GIS for analyze whole train network (speed, capacity, number of trains, stops) and generate a charts and maps as visualization.
Second thing will be a current position of trains to export for live map of train network.

EustaceCS
Inserter
Inserter

Re: GPS tracker for entities (mostly trains)

Post by EustaceCS »

Can you elaborate on the goal you'd like to accomplish [with global train network stats like that]?
Analysis is nice - but it's done for analysis's sake seldom.
And, for most cases I can imagine on the spot, the feature is present already in a form of rail signal logistics circuit network output, which, along with some clever combinators usage, can allow gathering real-time stats (and, I believe, even display these through programmable speakers) without modding anything (or with very minimal Speaker modding) .

As of live map, it'll be essentially a duplicate of in-game "remote view" with just train-specific filters enabled. It might be cheaper to export already-processed remote view with said filters for external survelliance. Unless you're pursuiting something really fancy :)

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”