remote "Presence" building.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Taurondir
Inserter
Inserter

remote "Presence" building.

Post by Taurondir »

Mainly I am asking if this is something that could actually be done as I have not really seen anything similar atm.
If my search skill is weak, and someone has already seen something, let me know.

Basically if I "cheat" and give myself 20000 reach, I can interact with anything. Doing it that way is a bit extreme, AND it's tied to radar view.

What I was thinking was:

* Can a building/structure be made that when placed on the map, a "set size area" around that structure behaves exactly as if the player was standing at that same spot. I don't just mean "reach distance on radar" I mean "the area behaves as if the building WAS the player, but can't move.

I think that would involve "unplugging" the player like when "god mode" is activated, sending it over, and attaching it to the structure. No idea what the hell it would mean if the structure blew up when the player is inside. I guess "code" would have to clean up after itself.

Theis
Inserter
Inserter

Re: remote "Presence" building.

Post by Theis »

Would something like Avatars work for you?

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: remote "Presence" building.

Post by Stringweasel »

You can also try Remote Configuration. Different approach, but same result.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RemoteConfiguration
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”