[PAID REQUEST] Walk amongst the biters

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
koopero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[PAID REQUEST] Walk amongst the biters

Post by koopero »

So, I play Factorio with my 4 year old nephew, and he loves it. We play on 200 hour factory, riding trains, building belts and watching drones fly around. The game is set to peaceful mode, so the biters ( he calls them bugs ) won't attack unless we approach too closely. We can see them from afar, but if we get too close, it's war. Unfortunately, he's really curious about the bugs. He wants to go see them and make friends.

So here's the ask: Is it possible to make a mod to remove any aggression between human and biter? It would be amazing if we could walk right into a biter hive and see what they are up to. If someone could build this for us, I'd be happy to send some you crypto currency or buy you a game of your choice. Thanks in advance.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [PAID REQUEST] Walk amongst the biters

Post by Koub »

Peaceful mode isn't enough for your need ?
[Edit] You can even decide to remove all military tech if you want via this mod : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RemoveMilitaryTech
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

koopero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by koopero »

I appreciate your feedback. We do use peaceful mode, but the biters still attack if we get too close. I'm looking for a way to make the biters totally non-aggressive so our character can walk right into their hives.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Even in peaceful mode, biters can get aggressive if you run over one with your car by mistake or any other event that could damage one but they shouldn't initiate hostilities and should let you run near their nest provided you are yourself peaceful too.

If you only disabled pollution and expansion that would cause them to not attack your base yet still attack you on sight if you get close.

You can also create maps without any biters spawning at all by disabling ennemies. but that would be less fun.

/c game.forces['enemy'].set_cease_fire('player', true)

Typing this in the command (twice) should make biters-that-never-attacked-you peaceful, those that were made aggressive however will probably remain until their their death.

koopero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by koopero »

Yes!! That console command did it! I was able to walk right into the biter hive! My little buddy is going to be so happy. Thanks, mmmPI!!

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”