I want to pay for a mod development

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
ChrisHonig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I want to pay for a mod development

Post by ChrisHonig »

I'm a chemical engineering lecturer. I'm looking to pay for the development of a mod I can use in teaching (and I am looking for a quote in the range of $5k).
If you are interested please email me: christopher.honig@unimelb.edu.au
General question/suggestions, please post here.

Outline of the mod:
I would like a sub-window added to entities (like stone furnace, steel furnace, boiler etc) where I can input text/images (ie a tutorial question) and have the player input a number (ie their answer) that can be judged as right/wrong. If it's right, there is a boost to efficiency/productivity/speed/pollution output of the entity. If it's wrong, the unit is unchanged in operation.

With this template, I could create a large volume of tutorial style problems embedded into different entities within the game.

I'd then like a scripted scenario similar to the base tutorial campaign, to step through the base mechanics for new players, and to explain the tutorial mechanic embedded within the new entities. I could help develop this campaign with the map editor (but I cannot program in LUA so cannot add scripted events or do anything advanced).

The goal is a fun gamified tutorial problem set for students: a student has crash landed on the planet and must use all their learnt chemical engineering knowledge to survive. The dream is an educational experience that is so much fun that students just want to play it (without the incentive of any assessment requirement).

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”