[REQUEST] [IDEA] Sentry Tower

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
ViperDave
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[REQUEST] [IDEA] Sentry Tower

Post by ViperDave »

I would like to see a mod that introduces a 'Sentry Tower' item with the following behavior:
1. It can detect when enemies are within a certain range of the tower (let's start with a 46x46 tile area surrounding the Tower).
2. When it detects an enemy, it will broadcast the enemy count it has spotted on a circuit channel.
3. The user can define what channel the information is posted out onto similar to the roboport.

There could be several variants of the sentry tower with different ranges, sizes, and power consumption.
If different kinds of enemy entities can be detected, they could be reported out on separate channels, but I would still want a generic 'any enemy detected' channel.
The Sentry Tower will require electricity, starting at 50kW.
It would also be interesting if the sentry could raise an alarm similar to the Speaker.

Is this even possible? If it is not possible to create a mod that does this, I would like to know from the experienced modding community.

Thanks,
ViperDave

BraveCaperCat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] [IDEA] Sentry Tower

Post by BraveCaperCat »

ViperDave wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:57 am
I would like to see a mod that introduces a 'Sentry Tower' item with the following behavior:
1. It can detect when enemies are within a certain range of the tower (let's start with a 46x46 tile area surrounding the Tower).
2. When it detects an enemy, it will broadcast the enemy count it has spotted on a circuit channel.
3. The user can define what channel the information is posted out onto similar to the roboport.

There could be several variants of the sentry tower with different ranges, sizes, and power consumption.
If different kinds of enemy entities can be detected, they could be reported out on separate channels, but I would still want a generic 'any enemy detected' channel.
The Sentry Tower will require electricity, starting at 50kW.
It would also be interesting if the sentry could raise an alarm similar to the Speaker.

Is this even possible? If it is not possible to create a mod that does this, I would like to know from the experienced modding community.

Thanks,
ViperDave
This idea would be very possible. In fact, with the AAI vehicles mod, you can already make such a system with combinators. Of course you want a single entity to do it, that would be possible too.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”