{IDEA/WIP} Advance boiler

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
S1R1U5
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

{IDEA/WIP} Advance boiler

Post by S1R1U5 »

So how is it going everyone? hope is nice.
So im working o creating an advance boiler but the thing is i need you all and all the help you can give me to make this works.
I wont lie i have al the basisc done by that i meant the graphics, recepis & tec-tress

The mod is very "very" basic it aims to improve steam power for early & mid game duration so it dosnt get tedious. YET it comes to a cost wich are resources of course an a little bit of electric power of the grid. (once the mod is releas i'll go on detail about it.)

Now the problem it's making it work properly i been searching codes on the game that show me how the boiler works but so far havent found anything yet... that is were you people come in good help anything that you can provide i will test it.
So i can expand the mod even more cus the more knoledg i can get the more materials i can bring to improve it.
Also if you can put your ideas in the coments and i'll let you know if that is implemented or not or just a discarted idea that i allready thoug about and notice that it wont do.
TY all i'll keep working on this.

BylliGoat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: {IDEA/WIP} Advance boiler

Post by BylliGoat »

NPUtils has two new boilers and an independent steam generator generator already. Pretty sure there's already a few mods besides that one as well. Not sure what you mean by advanced boiler either.

S1R1U5
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: {IDEA/WIP} Advance boiler

Post by S1R1U5 »

BylliGoat wrote:NPUtils has two new boilers and an independent steam generator generator already. Pretty sure there's already a few mods besides that one as well. Not sure what you mean by advanced boiler either.
I know the main idea is the fact that boilers and steam engines work only for power production yet in real life is not the only use for steam, also can be use on ore procesing and as a weapon. (wich is rare to see or find)
But aswell i must say it this way so... boilers you need 7 for 5 steam engines the main idea is that upgrading the boilers and steam engines for a long term use before chaging to solar enegergy.
Making it compat in the process. For example (SE = Steam Engine)

This are burners (use coal) and electrick boilers.
Boiler=2 for 1 SE < Advance Boiler = 1 for 1 SE < Advance Boiler mk2 = 1 for 2 SE

As well making steam it's own resource and a pressure tank for it, will make things a little bit compacted so you may have space to run down belts or leave nerbay idk buldings of other mods.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”