[0.12.29] [kovarex] robots try charging at roboports w/o charging spot

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.29] [kovarex] robots try charging at roboports w/o charging spot

Post by MrDoomah »

When I mod in a roboports without charging spots:

Code: Select all

charging_energy = "0W"
charging_offsets = {}
robots still try to charge at those roboports. Since they can't they just hover around a bit and do nothing.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.29] [kovarex] robots try charging at roboports w/o charging spot

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, fixed for 0.12.31

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

kovarex wrote:Thanks for the report, fixed for 0.12.31
fix don't work if the robot_slots_count value is > 0 .. like with robochest in bob's mod.

work fine with zone expander tho, but I had to remove the "charging_offsets = {}" value completely.
Just leaving and empty object seem to still agro bots and it show as "Robot charging rate: 0 x 400w" while if you remove the value completely the message disappear and robot ignore it as intended.

But if robot_slots_count is > 0, even if you remove the "charging_offsets" value completely, the "Robot charging rate" text is still present and it agro robot too (bob's robochest again).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

devilwarriors wrote:
fix don't work if the robot_slots_count value is > 0 .. like with robochest in bob's mod.

work fine with zone expander tho, but I had to remove the "charging_offsets = {}" value completely.
Just leaving and empty object seem to still agro bots and it show as "Robot charging rate: 0 x 400w" while if you remove the value completely the message disappear and robot ignore it as intended.
Well, the charging ports were left on in my mod on purpose because of this "Hovering around and doing nothing" issue.
Now that the bug is "Fixed" I'll play with it again, see how things work if robochests and LZEs have no charging ports.
devilwarriors wrote: But if robot_slots_count is > 0, even if you remove the "charging_offsets" value completely, the "Robot charging rate" text is still present and it agro robot too (bob's robochest again).
Yes, that reminds me of the issue with the robochest...
Only fully charged robots can dock, they expect to be able to charge before being allowed to dock. So... the issue should allow me to create an LZE with no charging port, but not a Robochest, because of that issue.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

bobingabout wrote:
devilwarriors wrote:

Well, the charging ports were left on in my mod on purpose because of this "Hovering around and doing nothing" issue.
Now that the bug is "Fixed" I'll play with it again, see how things work if robochests and LZEs have no charging ports.
devilwarriors wrote: But if robot_slots_count is > 0, even if you remove the "charging_offsets" value completely, the "Robot charging rate" text is still present and it agro robot too (bob's robochest again).
Yes, that reminds me of the issue with the robochest...
Only fully charged robots can dock, they expect to be able to charge before being allowed to dock. So... the issue should allow me to create an LZE with no charging port, but not a Robochest, because of that issue.
Yeah what I mean is I tried fixing your mod on my local copy, but only the LZE work, the robochests is worse without a charging pad.

To me it make them pretty much useless since you end up with 100+ bots trying to charge on one and getting stuck there for way too long.

But I'm glad that LZE are fixed now.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

devilwarriors wrote: Yeah what I mean is I tried fixing your mod on my local copy, but only the LZE work, the robochests is worse without a charging pad.

To me it make them pretty much useless since you end up with 100+ bots trying to charge on one and getting stuck there for way too long.

But I'm glad that LZE are fixed now.
I may solve the issue by having more than one charge port on the robochest, but remove them from the LZE completely.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”