Version 1.1.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
peternlewis
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by peternlewis »

seky16 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:19 pm
Really weird no one here is talking about
Transport belt drag building is locked into a line, can be turned off by an interface setting.
I personally love it, but I'd like to have it under (modifier) hotkey or shortcut. It just feels weird it behaves differently for belts than other entities and turning it on/off through settings is a hustle. I saw some people suggesting this kind of building for other entities, which could be added if it's under a hotkey.
Shift is already used in a similar way for blueprint placement, so I'd like to see this done with the Shift key.

An alternative would be if you drag initially in the direction of the first placed belt, then it locks in that direction. But if you drag initially in the perpendicular direction then it is free form. With or without a modifier I think you should seriously consider this change, since it allows both behaviours very easily and fairly intuitively.

User avatar
ptx0
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by ptx0 »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:31 pm
There's a way to get rid of all of these "New tips", right, and I'm just not seeing it?

I'm not going to be clicking every single one of these things I've known for five years away one by one for the rest of the month, am I?
it's hilarious but both of our games are broken in the same way and no one else seems to have this problem. how do I make "New Tips" disappear?

edit: reloading the game worked.

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 5:53 am
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by Guenni7 »

It's so nice to see all discussing the new version, but when does the internal updater deliver it?
Full download takes 8 hrs from here, so not an option :(
Can't be so hard to make a diff from 1.0 to 1.1 files and put it into a zip file, does it?
Last edited by Guenni7 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nidan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:40 am
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by Nidan »

ptx0 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:04 am
Deadlock989 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:31 pm
There's a way to get rid of all of these "New tips", right, and I'm just not seeing it?

I'm not going to be clicking every single one of these things I've known for five years away one by one for the rest of the month, am I?
it's hilarious but both of our games are broken in the same way and no one else seems to have this problem. how do I make "New Tips" disappear?

edit: reloading the game worked.
Consider reading the first tip. Then, if you want checkmarks everywhere, press and hold E.

Nidan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:40 am
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by Nidan »

Guenni7 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:12 am
It's so nice to see all discussing the new version, but when does the internal updater deliver it?
Full download takes 8 hrs from here, so not an option :(
Can't be so hard to make a diff from 1.0 to 1.1 files and put it into a zip file, does it?
See the first page of this thread. There was an issue with the update for the ingame updater, so it was taken down until they manage to fix it.

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by sorahn »

ptx0 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:04 am
Deadlock989 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:31 pm
There's a way to get rid of all of these "New tips", right, and I'm just not seeing it?

I'm not going to be clicking every single one of these things I've known for five years away one by one for the rest of the month, am I?
it's hilarious but both of our games are broken in the same way and no one else seems to have this problem. how do I make "New Tips" disappear?

edit: reloading the game worked.
I had an issue with this as well while joining a multiplayer server. I marked all the tips as read and the window didn’t go away. I turned it off in settings and it _still_ didn’t go away. I had to rejoin the game for it to be gone.

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 5:53 am
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by Guenni7 »

Nidan wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:18 am
See the first page of this thread. There was an issue with the update for the ingame updater, so it was taken down until they manage to fix it.
Yes I know, but question still stands :)

DrParanoia
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by DrParanoia »

The update is great! But these new icons look ugly and absolutely out of style compared to every other UI element :( I rather enable these options through the F4 menu and have the old icons than to have them under the minimap but with the new icons :(
Image
Last edited by DrParanoia on Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by valneq »

DrParanoia wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:48 am
The update is great! But these new icons look ugly :( I rather enable these options through the F4 menu than to have them here but with the new icons :(
The icons would look much better on a dark background. After all, most icons were optimized for rendering on dark backgrounds.

DrParanoia
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by DrParanoia »

valneq wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:50 am
The icons would look much better on a dark background. After all, most icons were optimized for rendering on dark backgrounds.
They look absolutely out of style compared to other UI elements. The new icons look low quality, not crisp, out of style and with a cheap drop shadow :(
ImageImageImage

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by sorahn »

Kyralessa wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:24 pm
kovarex wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:49 pm
I'm quite surprised by the complaints related to the quickbar change. It seems like a super obvious thing to me, that I always clear the cursor automatically whenever I'm done doing something with an item. Clicking some other quickbar item with something else is hand is just something that doesn't happen, but apparently they are people that don't do that. I will make an option that locks the quickbar for people doing fat-finger actions too often.
I was very surprised by all the complaints. Then I tried a new game in 1.1. After a few minutes, I looked down and thought, "What!? Why did I put a burner miner in two places right next to each other in the toolbar...ohhhhhhhhhhhhh." :lol: I was so used to being able to click on a different item to pick it up, even if I had something in my hand, that I didn't realize I was doing it.
ickputzdirwech wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:34 pm
  • Changing filters in the quickbar is an action that is needed very rarely. Definitely fewer times than taking an item from the quickbar. The more frequent action should be easier accessible.
  • If you forget to clear the cursor first, there is no easy way to undo the new filter in the quickbar.
This is a great summary of the issues with the change. It's not a terrible change. I imagine everyone will eventually get used to it. But it definitely violates our collective muscle memory. It makes sense that it should be a bit harder to change a quickbar filter than to grab something from the quickbar. :)

All the other changes are amazing. I definitely should've taken vacation time this week.
Combat is another place where I frequently left click on the quickbar with out (even thinking about) clearing the cursor. I think it's fine if there's no filter, and you click with an item to place it, but clearing an existing filter like that seems like really bad UX.
I will make an option that locks the quickbar

Do you mean locks it from changing the filters at all? or Locks it to only allowing middle click to change it. If the former, I would vote absolutely not, there's no way I want to go into the game settings to change a setting on and off to edit my quick bar. That's the opposite of quick. I'm not entirely sure what the goal of having left click 'replace' a filter on the quick bar. You already have middle click that does the exact same thing.

Edit: 1.1.1 is out and it reverts the behavior to the old style, with an option to change it to the new style. Thanks!! <3
Last edited by sorahn on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElderAxe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 8:04 am
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by ElderAxe »

Did we have the language selector on the main screen before?

Now we have a nice beautiful animation in the background and there is a button that doesn't make sense at all IMO. (We already have a copy of it under Settings -> Interface )
There could be a popup once someone installs the game and runs it for the first time, then they can change it from the settings -> interface if needed.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by DanGio »

Electric mining drills LEDs benefit so much from the new night render ! Excellent.

User avatar
ptx0
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by ptx0 »

Nidan wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:13 am
ptx0 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:04 am
Deadlock989 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:31 pm
There's a way to get rid of all of these "New tips", right, and I'm just not seeing it?

I'm not going to be clicking every single one of these things I've known for five years away one by one for the rest of the month, am I?
it's hilarious but both of our games are broken in the same way and no one else seems to have this problem. how do I make "New Tips" disappear?

edit: reloading the game worked.
Consider reading the first tip. Then, if you want checkmarks everywhere, press and hold E.
uhm yeah I already marked them all as read, it didn't do anything.

User avatar
ptx0
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by ptx0 »

DrParanoia wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:56 am
valneq wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:50 am
The icons would look much better on a dark background. After all, most icons were optimized for rendering on dark backgrounds.
They look absolutely out of style compared to other UI elements. The new icons look low quality, not crisp, out of style and with a cheap drop shadow :(
ImageImageImage
oh my god, they're exactly the same as the tabs in the character crafting menu. you didn't have such a visceral reaction to those. this is one of those "change bad! get rid of change" responses.

DrParanoia
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by DrParanoia »

ptx0 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:43 pm
oh my god, they're exactly the same as the tabs in the character crafting menu. you didn't have such a visceral reaction to those. this is one of those "change bad! get rid of change" responses.
The icons were like that sometime before 1.0. And when they changed to a monochromatic version there was no such reaction (because the change was good). So your argument is invalid. Also, having colored icons does not help to understand what they are doing. You will have to read the tooltip anyway.
Last edited by DrParanoia on Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by valneq »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:31 pm
There's a way to get rid of all of these "New tips", right, and I'm just not seeing it?

I'm not going to be clicking every single one of these things I've known for five years away one by one for the rest of the month, am I?
ptx0 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:42 pm
uhm yeah I already marked them all as read, it didn't do anything.
Has anyone tried /unlock-tips like the first tip says?
Otherwise, this might be relevant:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=91851

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by Koub »

DrParanoia wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:16 pm
ptx0 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:43 pm
oh my god, they're exactly the same as the tabs in the character crafting menu. you didn't have such a visceral reaction to those. this is one of those "change bad! get rid of change" responses.
The icons were like that sometime before 1.0. And when they changed to a monochromatic version there was no such reaction (because the change was good). So your argument is invalid. Also, having colored icons does not help to understand what they are doing. You will have to read the tooltip anyway.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87728
Your argument is invalid. Does it retro-validate ptx0's argument ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

DrParanoia
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by DrParanoia »

Koub wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:50 am
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87728
Your argument is invalid. Does it retro-validate ptx0's argument ?
Not really, because he referred to my post as being "change is bad! get rid of change!", and generally I like changes so his argument about my post is still invalid because it's not the fact of "change" that triggered my post, but rather the actual implementation of the change and sense behind it (because the first change did not trigger a similar response from me).

P.S.
Also, your quoted thread does not talk about the style of the icons, but rather about the meaning of SOME of the icons, and the feedback is quite constructive. This is not a "change is bad!" post.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by Koub »

DrParanoia wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:41 am
Also, your quoted thread does not talk about the style of the icons, but rather about the meaning of SOME of the icons, and the feedback is quite constructive. This is not a "change is bad!" post.
I wanted to stress that there had been some feedback with the "flat" icon style that the change was not welcome for some cases.

I think that using the same visual terminology to represent the same things through all the game (or software) makes sense, even if it's less fancy. I value functionality over looks, and find the roboport icon (for example) significantly more understandable than the flat wifi-like symbol. Same thing for the power pole, which makes more sense than the flat "electrocardiogram", ...

Without even launching the game, I can guess the use of all the buttons thanks to the icons, except for the pollution, for which there is no other representation ingame. I can assure you that it wasn't the case with the old iconology.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Post Reply

Return to “Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users