Version 0.11.17

Information about releases and roadmap.
Ghosty4
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.17

Post by Ghosty4 »

Increased the pathing penalty for non-moving train in manual mode from 200 to 1000.
Nice, by the way is there a list of other pathing penalties for trains? Searching around finds threads in the suggestions board and I don't know if they're implemented.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

A lot of good changes in this list.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ojelle wrote:I doubt its just the artefacts. But I got no clue what slows down how much (robots, belts, inserters, idle furnaces, rail signals,...) (relative to eachother) so ill play slowed at the moment. As long as its above 30UPS I think I can live with it. And what could I submit in the bug report? Its not exactly a bug, but its annoying indeed.
Items on the ground don't have any impact on the UPS. They may make FPS lower if you've got millions on screen.

What hardware do you have? I've got thousands of robots flying around in a huge factory and I get 58/60 FPS/UPS.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Narnach
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Narnach »

kovarex wrote:
  • Features
    • Better construction robot strategy.
      When the construction is processed, the closest available supply of the required item is found and the closest robot to this supply is selected for the construction.
Thank you for fixing it!
Identity is cheap, reputation is priceless.

Let's Player over at https://youtube.com/narnach

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

cube wrote:
y.petremann wrote:I've got this error when auto-updating :

Code: Select all

Update failed:
File /home/user/.local/opt/factorio/data/base/scenarios/sandbox/control.lua has unexpected content
Are you sure you didn't edit the file manually?
In fact I've edited it ... simply to implement the patch that have been added with this version ... because I was the one who originaly reported the bug and the fix ... :D

Stx3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stx3 »

dear developers, add in factorio lua event.attack or event.onattack with contain attaking.entity and attaked.entity please!

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Very nice update, congrats on such an important one!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ghosty4 wrote:
Increased the pathing penalty for non-moving train in manual mode from 200 to 1000.
Nice, by the way is there a list of other pathing penalties for trains? Searching around finds threads in the suggestions board and I don't know if they're implemented.
Indeed I searched now 1 hour for the post explaining the rules! But found only the changes. I was sure, there was some post about that.

There the wiki article https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... th_finding

The FFF about it https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-68
Was introduced with 0.11.11: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... %2A#p63247

Change: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... %2A#p64314
Change from above: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ain#p70586
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

kovarex wrote:Because we are perfectionists.
Thanks,
now I can ask you not to confuse "brake" and "break" :)
The OP has the other word in both cases I think.

Mycu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mycu »

I know that "unbugging" a code gives a dev and his worshippers ;) less feeling of progress cause time goes by and no new features are implemented - but those changes are very important.
Great update, keep it up a good work! :)

SNORKOFOB
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SNORKOFOB »

Will saves from 0.11.16 work?
Яussian inseяteя.

Alekthefirst
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alekthefirst »

SNORKOFOB wrote:Will saves from 0.11.16 work?
yes
Factorio is a game about automating everything. One day, i hope i can automate shitty signatures just like this one.

albatrosv13
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by albatrosv13 »

deleted
Last edited by albatrosv13 on Thu May 19, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

albatrosv13 wrote:
MF- wrote:
kovarex wrote:Because we are perfectionists.
Thanks,
now I can ask you not to confuse "brake" and "break" :)
The OP has the other word in both cases I think.
I still see some ''production-module-usable-only-on-intermeidates=Production module is usable on intermediate products.'' and ''limitation_message_key = "production-module-usable-only-on-intermeidates".
Of course, that doesn't change things in game, because two wrongs make things right in that case :D Dunno if they fixed that in 0.11.17, haven't yet updated.
That's a problem with your locales, a reinstall should fix that.

albatrosv13
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by albatrosv13 »

deleted
Last edited by albatrosv13 on Thu May 19, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Rseding91 wrote:
Ojelle wrote:I doubt its just the artefacts. But I got no clue what slows down how much (robots, belts, inserters, idle furnaces, rail signals,...) (relative to eachother) so ill play slowed at the moment. As long as its above 30UPS I think I can live with it. And what could I submit in the bug report? Its not exactly a bug, but its annoying indeed.
Items on the ground don't have any impact on the UPS. They may make FPS lower if you've got millions on screen.

What hardware do you have? I've got thousands of robots flying around in a huge factory and I get 58/60 FPS/UPS.
I got
i73820 at 3.6GHz
16GB (1366?MHz) ram
GTX680
SSD drive

I trully dont get it whats causing the slowdown if you say you can handle it just fine (asuming your factory is about the same size wich is likely)

This is the detailled info in debug mode:
Entities total 3.8mil active 2.7mil inserters 3900/5500 connectors 10.1mil
chunks total : 38k (and the rest is 38.36.9k)

Do you also got this kind of numbers?
And FPS/UPS 13/40
standard grapic settings with no multisampling and no waiting for vsync
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

gothroach
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gothroach »

Ojelle wrote:I got
i73820 at 3.6GHz
16GB (1366?MHz) ram
GTX680
SSD drive

I trully dont get it whats causing the slowdown if you say you can handle it just fine (asuming your factory is about the same size wich is likely)

This is the detailled info in debug mode:
Entities total 3.8mil active 2.7mil inserters 3900/5500 connectors 10.1mil
chunks total : 38k (and the rest is 38.36.9k)

Do you also got this kind of numbers?
And FPS/UPS 13/40
standard grapic settings with no multisampling and no waiting for vsync
I have a similar setup and it's very rare I go below 55/55, it's normally 58/58 to 60/60, even with very large factories. Have you checked for background processes eating up cycles or perhaps thermal throttling on your processor?

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Ill try to look it up. In the meantime, could you check how much fps you got in my save? I doubt its that big, but its always possible.
What I did notice is that in taskmngr, my processer doesnt go beyond 13%, so it only uses one thread. In the settings its set to '8'. Could that be part of the problem? Further when I boot, and only start factorio I still got that problem. (13-38fps/ups)

If you like, take a look and tell me your FPS&UPS so I got an idea what I should have.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44440817/Random.zip
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Ekelbatzen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ekelbatzen »

Ojelle wrote:Ill try to look it up. In the meantime, could you check how much fps you got in my save? I doubt its that big, but its always possible.
What I did notice is that in taskmngr, my processer doesnt go beyond 13%, so it only uses one thread. In the settings its set to '8'. Could that be part of the problem? Further when I boot, and only start factorio I still got that problem. (13-38fps/ups)

If you like, take a look and tell me your FPS&UPS so I got an idea what I should have.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44440817/Random.zip
I also only get 7/20 fps/ups when loading your save on zoom 1 (also 13% cpu load), but i have graphic settings on max. My rig is similar to yours but not the same. My guess is that some entity in your factory is used overkill, now is to find what that might be of all the things you use thousands of. :)
Specs: 3770k, 16GB DDR3, 1060, Win10 x64, latest experimental via Steam

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

@devs: Are there any known resources hogs? For example a lot of 'unused' roboports connected to a big network on wich there is a high amount of trafic in a relative small part. (but the robot has to calculate all its routs etc etc) I myself dont have a clue what It could be. And I think im getting a bit offtopic.

Edit: and thx Ekelbatzen, now I know I'm not the only one :P (two aint a lot but still ^^)
Choumiko wrote:

Return to “Releases”