Version 0.18.47

Information about releases and roadmap.
Post Reply
User avatar
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Version 0.18.47

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed that editing upgrade planner and deconstruction planner didn't work directly in the blueprint library. (87786)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

User avatar
DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by DarkyPupu »

Only 1 bugfix ? Critical, or final release scent ? :lol:

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by DanGio »

Feels like when you make a reception, everything is ready and you have 1h to kill, and you begin to clean the doorbell :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6041
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by Koub »

There's no such thing as too perfect :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Karnifex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 11:05 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by Karnifex »

DanGio wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:08 am
Feels like when you make a reception, everything is ready and you have 1h to kill, and you begin to clean the doorbell :)
:D Top comment. Made my day. :lol:

User avatar
steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2517
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by steinio »

1606 pending bugs, 36 assigned and 102 unassigned.

Also: viewforum.php?f=229
which should be called resolved for 1.0.1!
Image
Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by Hiladdar »

There was more then just one change.

What the patch notes failed to report, is that between versions 0.18.46 and 0.18.47, at least one graphic component, used to display electric mining drills changed. In version 0.18.46, hr-electric-mining-drill-E.png was a 186x188 graphic. In version 0.18.47 it is a 192x188 graphic.

Hiladdar

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 4722
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by posila »

Hiladdar wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:43 pm
There was more then just one change.

What the patch notes failed to report, is that between versions 0.18.46 and 0.18.47, at least one graphic component, used to display electric mining drills changed. In version 0.18.46, hr-electric-mining-drill-E.png was a 186x188 graphic. In version 0.18.47 it is a 192x188 graphic.

Hiladdar
What build are you running (OS and Steam/standalone?), because mining drill graphic dimensions did not change in 0.18.47. They did in 0.18.46, but that's listed in the changelog. So deploy must have goofed and not include new files for some build, but then I'd expect lot of people to report issues with broken graphics. So maybe just Steam didn't apply update properly for you?

jmurrayufo
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by jmurrayufo »

Hey look, my bug got fixed! Gotta love personalized software releases!

Thanks for the awesome support and work guys!

User avatar
AmericanPatriot
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by AmericanPatriot »

jmurrayufo wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:53 pm
Hey look, my bug got fixed! Gotta love personalized software releases!

Thanks for the awesome support and work guys!
Lol that’s basically what it is
Sarcasm and insults are neither helpful nor appreciated.
:D

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by Hiladdar »

posila wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:56 pm
Hiladdar wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:43 pm
There was more then just one change.

What the patch notes failed to report, is that between versions 0.18.46 and 0.18.47, at least one graphic component, used to display electric mining drills changed. In version 0.18.46, hr-electric-mining-drill-E.png was a 186x188 graphic. In version 0.18.47 it is a 192x188 graphic.

Hiladdar
What build are you running (OS and Steam/standalone?), because mining drill graphic dimensions did not change in 0.18.47. They did in 0.18.46, but that's listed in the changelog. So deploy must have goofed and not include new files for some build, but then I'd expect lot of people to report issues with broken graphics. So maybe just Steam didn't apply update properly for you?
Kind of goofy assuming I use Steam, which I do not.

Hiladdar

User avatar
JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by JaJe »

1 Bug, 40,2Mb...interesting

User avatar
Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by Omnifarious »

JaJe wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:32 pm
1 Bug, 40,2Mb...interesting
If a change involves a piece of executable code, even a small change can be rippled into a lot of code by the compiler. Additionally, doing binary diffs isn't trivial. So, the size of a download doesn't bear a strong resemblance to the size of a change.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:27 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by Qon »

Hiladdar wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:12 pm
posila wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:56 pm

What build are you running (OS and Steam/standalone?),
Kind of goofy assuming I use Steam, which I do not.

Hiladdar
Kind of goofy of you to to assume posila assumed something when he explicitly asked if you used Steam and definitely didn't assume it.

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 11:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by starxplor »

Qon wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:45 pm
Hiladdar wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:12 pm
posila wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:56 pm

What build are you running (OS and Steam/standalone?),
Kind of goofy assuming I use Steam, which I do not.

Hiladdar
Kind of goofy of you to to assume posila assumed something when he explicitly asked if you used Steam and definitely didn't assume it.
I think this sentence is what was being referred to. It definitely assumes use of Steam:
posila wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:56 pm
So maybe just Steam didn't apply update properly for you?
Thanks devs for any bug fixes, even just singles like this.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:27 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by Qon »

starxplor wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:06 am
Qon wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:45 pm
Hiladdar wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:12 pm
posila wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:56 pm

What build are you running (OS and Steam/standalone?),
Kind of goofy assuming I use Steam, which I do not.

Hiladdar
Kind of goofy of you to to assume posila assumed something when he explicitly asked if you used Steam and definitely didn't assume it.
I think this sentence is what was being referred to. It definitely assumes use of Steam:
posila wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:56 pm
So maybe just Steam didn't apply update properly for you?
Wrong.

User avatar
5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by 5thHorseman »

starxplor wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:06 am
I think this sentence is what was being referred to. It definitely assumes use of Steam:
posila wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:56 pm
So maybe just Steam didn't apply update properly for you?
It doesn't assume that at all. It proposes a possible cause of the problem that can only happen if you use Steam. It's a pretty common practice in tech support to propose a common cause of issues even if you don't have all the information, because it can short circuit an otherwise lengthy back-and-forth over several days and get the problem fixed immediately if it happens to be correct, all at the low low cost of a few extra words typed.

And as an aside, assuming someone uses the single largest distribution method for your game is far from goofy.
Image Image

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:27 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by Qon »

5thHorseman wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:03 am
It's a pretty common practice in tech support to propose a common cause of issues even if you don't have all the information, because it can short circuit an otherwise lengthy back-and-forth over several days and get the problem fixed immediately if it happens to be correct, all at the low low cost of a few extra words typed.
Look your response is good and all, but I'm trying to teach by example with my response above, making the discussion flow excruciatingly slowly by making minimum effort posts to correct him. When you elaborate like this he gets the answer immediatly and loses the chance to learn by experience. Force him to assume things and anticipate responses because he can't tolerate the rate of progression of a discussion that happens without the helpful style that posila employs.

User avatar
AmericanPatriot
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by AmericanPatriot »

5thHorseman wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:03 am
starxplor wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:06 am
I think this sentence is what was being referred to. It definitely assumes use of Steam:
posila wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:56 pm
So maybe just Steam didn't apply update properly for you?
It doesn't assume that at all. It proposes a possible cause of the problem that can only happen if you use Steam. It's a pretty common practice in tech support to propose a common cause of issues even if you don't have all the information, because it can short circuit an otherwise lengthy back-and-forth over several days and get the problem fixed immediately if it happens to be correct, all at the low low cost of a few extra words typed.

And as an aside, assuming someone uses the single largest distribution method for your game is far from goofy.
Where can I get that “Factorio archipelago” map.
Sarcasm and insults are neither helpful nor appreciated.
:D

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6041
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.47

Post by Koub »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:52 pm
Where can I get that “Factorio archipelago” map.
If you watch the first few seconds of the 1st video in the playthrough, you'll see https://mods.factorio.com/mod/islands_world
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Post Reply

Return to “Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users