Version 0.18.26

Information about releases and roadmap.
User avatar
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Version 0.18.26

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Crafting machines will now refund item ingredients when crafting is cancelled before finishing.
  • Disallowed saving over autosave files or making saves that begin with '_autosave'.
Bugfixes
  • Fix tutorial description only mentioning 3 levels instead of the full 5. (85126)
Modding
  • Changed default value of return_ingredients_on_change property of furnaces, assembling machines and rocket silo to 'true'.
  • Added script_raised_set_tiles.
  • Added by_player to LuaEntity::copy_settings()
  • Added by_player to LuaEquipmentGrid::take, take_all, clear, and put.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

User avatar
Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by Dev-iL »

FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Crafting machines will now refund item ingredients when crafting is cancelled before finishing.
This was quite a controversial matter, I'm surprised you decided to change it (all of a sudden?).
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

User avatar
SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 721
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:54 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Crafting machines will now refund item ingredients when crafting is cancelled before finishing.
Didn't took long :lol:

User avatar
Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 547
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by Gergely »

FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Changes
  • Disallowed saving over autosave files or making saves that begin with '_autosave'.
Oh come on. I sometimes use autosaves to save something temporarily without any intent to keep it for longer. What about an option in the pause menu that performs an autosave immediately?

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by luc »

FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Changes
  • Crafting machines will now refund item ingredients when crafting is cancelled before finishing.
Is this reverting the change in 0.17.0 or is that something else?
FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:13 pm

Bugfixes
  • Fixed that canceling production in assembling machine did return the products in progress.

User avatar
Spaceman_05
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by Spaceman_05 »

luc wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:56 pm

Is this reverting the change in 0.17.0 or is that something else?
FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:13 pm

Bugfixes
  • Fixed that canceling production in assembling machine did return the products in progress.
I think that refers to returning the finished product, not the ingredients
- Spaceman_05

User avatar
Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by Shingen »

Spaceman_05 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:05 pm
luc wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:56 pm

Is this reverting the change in 0.17.0 or is that something else?
FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:13 pm

Bugfixes
  • Fixed that canceling production in assembling machine did return the products in progress.
I think that refers to returning the finished product, not the ingredients
no, you always get the already finished products. i suppose it's a bit misspelled, but it definitely referred to the ingredients that are currently being turned into another product. you got them back until that change, and now you get them back again, just like with manual crafting.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by conn11 »

FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Changes
  • Crafting machines will now refund item ingredients when crafting is cancelled before finishing.
At least for centrifuges doing Kovarex this is somewhat useful in mid game.
Nice change for save nomenclature though.

User avatar
5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1121
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by 5thHorseman »

FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Changes
  • Crafting machines will now refund item ingredients when crafting is cancelled before finishing.
Wow that's huge. Kovarex Processing will no longer be fraught with danger! :)
Image Image

User avatar
Raiguard
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by Raiguard »

Gergely wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:46 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Changes
  • Disallowed saving over autosave files or making saves that begin with '_autosave'.
Oh come on. I sometimes use autosaves to save something temporarily without any intent to keep it for longer. What about an option in the pause menu that performs an autosave immediately?
Relevant XKCD.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

m44v
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by m44v »

I bet that "crafting machines" doesn't include the rocket silo.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by conn11 »

m44v wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:48 pm
I bet that "crafting machines" doesn't include the rocket silo.
Rocket parts aren‘t even an extractable thing.

User avatar
Raiguard
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by Raiguard »

Gergely wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:46 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Changes
  • Disallowed saving over autosave files or making saves that begin with '_autosave'.
Oh come on. I sometimes use autosaves to save something temporarily without any intent to keep it for longer. What about an option in the pause menu that performs an autosave immediately?
Joking aside, it's actually possible for mods to trigger autosaves. I could write you a tiny mod that would let you trigger an autosave using a hotkey or a command.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

clampi
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:28 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by clampi »

There was an undocumented change in either lua character handling or the implementation of log(). Non ASCII characters are now converted to their UTF8 encoding and written in UTF8 encoding in the log. I wonder why, lua was supposedly character encoding agnostic.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 11261
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by Rseding91 »

Gergely wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:46 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Changes
  • Disallowed saving over autosave files or making saves that begin with '_autosave'.
Oh come on. I sometimes use autosaves to save something temporarily without any intent to keep it for longer. What about an option in the pause menu that performs an autosave immediately?
There is a hidden config setting you can change to allow it still (in config.ini) (because we knew there would be https://xkcd.com/1172/)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:51 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by Impatient »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:56 pm
There is a hidden config setting you can change to allow it still (in config.ini) (because we knew there would be https://xkcd.com/1172/)
I like that foresight.

User avatar
riking
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 5:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by riking »

FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Changes
  • Crafting machines will now refund item ingredients when crafting is cancelled before finishing.
I had *thought* something was going wrong in my Lazy Bastard run! This confirms it finally.

ickputzdirwech
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:16 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by ickputzdirwech »

m44v wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:48 pm
I bet that "crafting machines" doesn't include the rocket silo.
It does ... and it doesn't ;)

It only gives you the materials back for the rocket park the silo is currently producing and not for the rocket parts that are already finished. The later would be quite complicated since you would have to differentiate between rocket parts which were produced by the productivity bonus and those which were not.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.0, ick's vanilla tweaks
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write.

User avatar
moon69
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by moon69 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:56 pm
There is a hidden config setting you can change to allow it still (in config.ini)
Where is it hiding!?

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 7254
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by bobingabout »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:08 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Crafting machines will now refund item ingredients when crafting is cancelled before finishing.
Didn't took long :lol:
My sarcasm detector exploded.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Post Reply

Return to “Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users