Version 0.16.47

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.47

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed wall related consistency check related to modded walls with altered collision boxes. (60677)
  • Fixed inconsistent train direction when reversing in a train vehicle that is not a locomotive. (60633)
  • Fixed that having more than 6 products didn't fit the ui, as it wasn't wrapped. (60636)
  • The system data path is removed from the log when it's automatically uploaded by the crash reporter.
  • IP addresses are no longer hashed in the log file. All IP addresses are removed from the log when it's automatically uploaded by the crash reporter.
  • Fixed crash when placing an entity with title while backers list was emptied.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.47

Post by Aeternus »

Recently reported bugs fixed quickly again. Nice to see the good work continue :)

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

FactorioBot wrote:Bugfixes
  • The system data path is removed from the log when it's automatically uploaded by the crash reporter.
  • IP addresses are no longer hashed in the log file. All IP addresses are removed from the log when it's automatically uploaded by the crash reporter.
Oh no... it's happening.

:shock:

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Gergely wrote:
Oh no... it's happening.

GDPR? :lol:

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Gergely wrote:
Oh no... it's happening.

Just... why? I mean, none of these changes make any sense!

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Gergely wrote:
SuperSandro2000 wrote: GDPR? :lol:
Actually they do. You get a lot more control over your privacy even if you life in the US.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

SuperSandro2000 wrote: Actually they do. You get a lot more control over your privacy even if you life in the US.
This is the second time in 24 hours that someone guessed it wrong.

I am an EU citizen.

Do I write in English that good despite it not being my native language?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Gergely wrote:
SuperSandro2000 wrote: Actually they do. You get a lot more control over your privacy even if you life in the US.
This is the second time in 24 hours that someone guessed it wrong.

I am an EU citizen.

Do I write in English that good despite it not being my native language?
We never said that you lived in the US. Additionally, the quality of your English has nothing to do with it - the US isn't the only country to have English as its official language, and I know plenty of people in the US who speak poor English.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

deer_buster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deer_buster »

Jap2.0 wrote:and I know plenty of people in the US who speak poor English.
this...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Gergely wrote:
SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Gergely wrote:
Oh no... it's happening.

According to the GDPR, IP Address is considered personal Data.
System path? well, Windows system path is always in C:/Windows/System, so... not so much, but the user data path can include your name, and I don't know about other operating systems.
Either way, it's a step forward.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

bobingabout wrote:
Gergely wrote:
SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Gergely wrote:
Oh no... it's happening.

According to the GDPR, IP Address is considered personal Data.
System path? well, Windows system path is always in C:/Windows/System, so... not so much, but the user data path can include your name, and I don't know about other operating systems.
Either way, it's a step forward.
windows system path is relative and refers to %windir%\system32 and by default goes to c:\windows\system32 but while installing windows you can choose a different partition ie when you're multibooting different (windows) operating systems. When bad programmers hardcode paths like these, you're in a world of trouble to get it fixed :?

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Or the "system path" is really the installation directory, this is often the steam library which is itself somewhere in C:\users\accountName\ or it's in another directory in there when manually unpacked.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

What I meant by system data path was the user data directory, that is typically "c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\". I removed it to calm down all the people who think the windows username is a breach of privacy.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

Thanks for removing it! I typically removed mine from logs whenever i post them. If you have multiple online identities that you want to keep separate... this is something that makes it easy to link them. The vast majority of internet users won't ever post any sort of log online, so unless your username is "user", it's probably fairly unique.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

So are trains completely back to normal now??
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

youdoomt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by youdoomt »

Twinsen wrote:I removed it to calm down all the people who think the windows username is a breach of privacy.
More than that, keeping it would/could be against the GDPR laws, because the <user> part, could potentially be personal information, and gathering it via a pre-checked option would then be illegal.

I've spent 1.5 hours of work time on a on A "E-Learning" course, and I can say, working with things that have just the slightest personal information incorporated,it requires a decent amount of thought and time.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Twinsen wrote:What I meant by system data path was the user data directory, that is typically "c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\". I removed it to calm down all the people who think the windows username is a breach of privacy.
If this is the directory you meant, then it does make sense that you removed it for the 25th may 2018 GDPR Compliance.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

The extent to which the windows username is personally identifiable data depends strongly on how you interpret the law text. Just because it could be your real name, religion, gender does not mean it is. You can't rename your CPU to your street address and then sue us.

blackris69
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by blackris69 »

Twinsen wrote:You can't rename your CPU to your street address and the sue us.
I thought that was very funny Twinsen.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

ChurchOrganist wrote:So are trains completely back to normal now??
I take it that's a no then??????
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Return to “Releases”