Version 0.10.1

Information about releases and roadmap.
slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.10.1

Post by slpwnd »

Hello, the experimental version 0.10.1 has been released:

Automatic updater won't work because of technical problems. Just download the game from experimental releases section at our website.

Beware:
There is a bug for games newly created in 0.10.1. These games cannot be loaded after save. Better not to start new games in 0.10.1 (old saves work as expected), see more at https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =30&t=4440

• Features:
    • Sounds for alerts.
    • Proper visualization of trains and car on map / minimap.
    • Added scrolling for windows that get too large (i.e. because of mod additions):
      Map generator, Technology list, Removed content window, Finished game window (kill counts), Debug settings gui (F4).
  • Bugfixes:
    • Fixed bug when turrets were not shooting.
    • Fixed crash when auto placing electric poles.
    • Fixed that the shotgun had just one projectile.
    • Fixed changing locale.
    • Fixed multiple bugs with loading / unloading the cargo wagons.
    • Fixed unloadable save from 0.9 with mod created buttons gui.
    • Fixed bug with wrong alt info for the cargo wagon.
    • Fixed bug when boiler couldn't fast
    • replace the pipe.
    • Fixed occasional crash when fighting with biters (calling for help biter without behavior).
    • Fixed crash on loading save where generator equipment has been removed because same mods are not installed.
    • Fixed bug with migrated inserters (when mod is removed) causing the save to be not loadable.
    • Fixed that game couldn't be started when audio can't be initialised.
    • Solved that gui of removed mods stayed in the save forever, it is removed now.
    • Fixed bug when pausing scheduled trains didn't clear yellow signal.
    • Fixed bug with wrong signal placement(https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=4274).
    • Fixed changed direction of transport belt to ground when used in blueprint sometimes.
    • Fixed that finishing research desynchronised replay.
    • Fixed bug when two ghost underground belts can be built on top of each other.
    • Fixed internal tool error when repairing(https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=4013).
    • Turrets are rotatable when building and their direction is preserved in blueprints.
    • Fixed bug with construction robots following vehicles outside of roboport area.
    • Fixed wrong position of splitter in the blueprint building preview.
    • Fixed bug when train stops (and other backer related entities) had no name when placed from the blueprint.
    • Logistic robots will not insert items that would exceed the requested count.
    • Fixed bug with biters stuck in the corners of their own bases (they "disappear" after some time).
    • Fixed the shotgun ammo damage tooltip info, it is now in the form of 12 x (6 + 2.5)
    • Fixed bug with filters not shown in the second quick bar.
    • Fixed slot highlight bug when crafting the highlighted item.
    • Fixed that requester c filters get copied to storage chest when built over. They had no meaning there.
    • Fixed bug when construction robots used 0 movement energy on their way to repair / construction the target.
    • Fixed bug when entity settings copy was placing red wire instead green for smart chests.
    • Fixed bug when entity settings copy for wires was not working at all for logistic containers.
    • Pasting entity settings copy will now work only for entities in the players reach.
    • Wires now don't have an unlimited wiring range.
    • Game doesn't crash on invalid number input in map generation gui.
    • Added missing open / close sounds for logistic containers.
    • Idle sound for entity is not played when it is out of energy.
    • Fixed oil leak from pumpjack(https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=4353).
    • Updated item counts for starting sandbox chest(https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=4394).
  • Optimisations:
    • Reduced slowdowns when drawing many lights (lamps, accumulators, etc.) at night (light can be a bit pixelated).
    • Limit for number of concurrent paths searched in the path finder (reduces problems for the "big save bug").
  • Changes:
    • Removed the trailer mod from the standard distribution to avoid confusion.
      It has a regular mod thread now: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=4273.
      It changes the game a lot when turned on and was not meant to be activated for normal play.
    • Reduced creeper spawning in big and dense nests (reduces problem for the
      "big save bug": https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=4383).
    • Construction robots take as much repair packs as they can carry (not just 1) when going repairing.
    • Larger cargo wagon storage area: 15
    • >20 stacks.
  • Graphics:
    • New beacon graphics.
    • Added new icons (pipe, pipe to ground, plastic bar, engines, iron ore, stone, raw wood).
    • Pushed colors of inserter icons.
    • Fixed minor issue with fast transport belt to ground looking twice as fast.
  • Scripting:
    • game.canplaceentity now works correctly for rails, and checks all the additional conditions as when building manually.
      Conditions like water for pump, rail next to signal/station etc.
    • Every Factorio Lua object now has a method help() that returns a string with names of all methods and member variables.
    • Fixed car's consumptionmodifier (how much energy it can take from the energy source).
  • Modding:
    • Fixes to make assembling machine/lab with burner energy source possible.
    • The inventory index for fuel is shared for all entities now in defines.lua it is specified as inventory.fuel
    • Fixed that different rail types were placeable over each other.
    • Fixed bug in trailer mod saving / loading. This resulted in stop during autosave.

andzoak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.10.1

Post by andzoak »

Does problem with automatic updater is temporary? I have really slow internet connection... ;(

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

I was already thinking you guys went to get beers to celebrate the new release while forgetting to actually release it. Glad to see you were working on it :)
andzoak wrote:Does problem with automatic updater is temporary? I have really slow internet connection... ;(
Doesn't matter if you have fast internet right now. The download speed for me doesn't come above 80kB/s right now.
Ignore this

bonob
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bonob »

Gammro wrote:I was already thinking you guys went to get beers to celebrate the new release
Cheers :lol:

-----

So the previous release was updater only, this one is download only.. Interesting experiment..
Last edited by bonob on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andzoak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by andzoak »

Gammro wrote:
andzoak wrote:Does problem with automatic updater is temporary? I have really slow internet connection... ;(
Doesn't matter if you have fast internet right now. The download speed for me doesn't come above 80kB/s right now.
I have max 64kB/s with one hour limits.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

My savegamesize went down from 130MB to 13MB, thx.

Two questions:

1.) Is it still planned to change the behaviour of the logistic robots, in that way that they take requested material from storage chests first instead of provider chests? Was hoping for it for 0.10.1 :)

2.) I would like to have a possibility to specify what to place in a storage chest. Not for every single stack, but for the whole chest, and only one item. Very simple, just like setting a filter on a smart inserter. When such a filter is set, no other storage chest without that filter would get that item, even if the chest(s) are full. That way I could build some storage area for eg stones or iron ore (connected with my main logistic network) and it would prevent my ores or stones to overflow in my other storage chest when their original chests are full.

Keep up the good work.

PS.: Love the new outlining of iron ore graphics and the others. Gives the impression of more "sharpness", and is a lot better to see.
Last edited by BurnHard on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

Awww, I hoped the setLiquid method for PipeConnectable would make it in... :(

Oh well, it's still a great patch that fixes a ton of problematic bugs and the help method may be useful as well.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Nice update, thanks guys. The trains on the map are a particularly nice addition.

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

oo nice.
man say, man do.

squisher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by squisher »

Amazing job guys!!! Love the update!!!

Psycho0124
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Psycho0124 »

BurnHard wrote:My savegamesize went down from 130MB to 13MB, thx.
Same here, huge reduction in savegame size! 18Mb down from 130Mb and much shorter autosave pauses!

Great patch, much thanks guys! :D

MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MaxStrategy »

All the Windows 10.1 builds are dead links :(
Firefox can't find the server at releases-factorio-com.s3.amazonaws.com.

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

MaxStrategy wrote:All the Windows 10.1 builds are dead links :(
no i downloaded.

https://www.factorio.com/get-download/d ... lpha/win64 try again or you have poor internet

MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MaxStrategy »

generalmek wrote:
MaxStrategy wrote:All the Windows 10.1 builds are dead links :(
no i downloaded.

https://www.factorio.com/get-download/d ... lpha/win64 try again or you have poor internet
No change and I've had no issue with previous versions. It certainly has nothing to do with my internet or I would have some issues posting here...

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

I'm really pleased with the Biter nests changes, had overcrowded nests with non responsive Biters all around.

Also the working filters on cargo wagons mean I can finally put some repairing materials in a ore wagon, not having to sacrifice an entire wagon :)

Sounds for alerts really help in early game, when you want to know immediately when you're attacked, but they get pretty annoying in late game, when you're attacked pretty much all of the time, and have proper defenses in place. Hurray for sound settings :D

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

i like the new beacon graphics but the icon in tec tree/inventory is still the old one
Mining Drill Operator

JackTheHat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JackTheHat »

Does anyone else experience huge fps drops whenever there is an update on saves from the previous update?

Drizzt321
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Drizzt321 »

After upgrading (downloaded full install), anytime I try and load a game I keep getting "Package lock(read) is active on ...save.zip".

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

Drizzt321 wrote:After upgrading (downloaded full install), anytime I try and load a game I keep getting "Package lock(read) is active on ...save.zip".
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=4440

Jetex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jetex »

Still cant update!. xD
any link for an updater that i can download?.

Return to “Releases”