Version 0.13.8

Information about releases and roadmap.
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.8

Post by Mooncat »

Hooch wrote:All other release threads are flooded with comments. What happened here?
Because they updated so fast that we are speechless now.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

I neeed 0.13.9 for sprite on recipe correction ;-)
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

I need them to fix this first. x_x
Don't ignore me, Senpai.

qlf00n
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by qlf00n »

Removing structures with RMB does not work when holding landfill item. It works on concrete tiles though.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

qlf00n wrote:Removing structures with RMB does not work when holding landfill item. It works on concrete tiles though.
When holding tile (concrete, landfill, stone path) you can only remove tile. it's for removing tile beneath building
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Tricorius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tricorius »

MrGrim wrote:
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Fixed that if a land mine got blown up and replaced by a robot, it wouldn't arm itself. (28761)
Mines can be replaced by robots?!? Well holy crap that changes things! Time to add some new filtered slots to my wall supply trains..
Yes. And it's glorious. So much for spitters. ;)

SomeDuder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SomeDuder »

Tricorius wrote:
MrGrim wrote:
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Fixed that if a land mine got blown up and replaced by a robot, it wouldn't arm itself. (28761)
Mines can be replaced by robots?!? Well holy crap that changes things! Time to add some new filtered slots to my wall supply trains..
Yes. And it's glorious. So much for spitters. ;)
Ehhh... Mines are only any good at the small-medium native stage. The bigger bugs just walk through them and you'll just be wasting resources. Which is fine, since hey, why the hell not, but you also will lose constructors.

qlf00n
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by qlf00n »

An achievement sentence is typed mistakenly i think: "Train plans path 1000 tiles long" should be "Plan trains path..." i guess (:

qlf00n
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by qlf00n »

Another two: "Watch your step" achievement has no description, I can only guess from the icon that it is about being killed by train.

I've just stuck on the research screen not being able to close it. It appeared when I was playing with pausing the game and showing menu (ESC key) and suddenly a research completed. Now I have a full screen of research tree, I was able to choose one, click research and still the research screen covers full screen. I can zoom in / out with my mouse seeing the map as the research screen is semi transparent as well as when I hit ESC key menu appears on top of the research screen.

I have taken some screenshots. Can't tell more from my memory to narrow the steps needed to reproduce.

EDIT: more information

- in windowed mode, looking at the "long" tech tree of some item, when I scroll with mouse, the tech tree is scrolled
- in full screen mode, looking at the "long" tech tree of some item, the same
- in full screen mode, looking at the "short" tech tree of some item, I am zooming in / out the underlying game
- interesting part is, that I see a grid from the pause and when I unpause, the grid is gone, I can no longer zoom in / out, and the game is still paused
- when I hit again pause it is back to the previous behavior

Are these information helpful?

EDIT: Ok, I don't know if I was so dumb or the solution is not so intuitive. When the game has a research window opened and it is paused then the ESC key brings the menu and not close the research window. I would expect it to first close the research window before bringing the game menu.. hmm, I don't know. Took me a while to find the way out only because I couldn't close research window before unpuasing the game.

So the correct order was to unpause the game and then close the research window, not the other way.
Last edited by qlf00n on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

slindenau
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by slindenau »

qlf00n wrote:An achievement sentence is typed mistakenly i think: "Train plans path 1000 tiles long" should be "Plan trains path..." i guess (:
No, because it's the train that is planning it's path by the constraints you've given it in the schedule combined with the actual status of your rail network at the time of said planning.
My mod: "Auto Deploy Destroyers" (follower robots) viewtopic.php?f=97&t=24545

Xipheas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xipheas »

Hi,

When I try to use the multiplayer browser, I get the error message 'There was a mismatch on the match server in verifying your user name and token'.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

qlf00n
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by qlf00n »

Logistic robots hangs up in the air with the cargo if the requester chest is removed while they are on the way with the cargo (and probably also when there are no free storage chests). Would be nice not to need to remove them manually and let them work on other tasks.

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

qlf00n wrote:Logistic robots hangs up in the air with the cargo if the requester chest is removed while they are on the way with the cargo (and probably also when there are no free storage chests). Would be nice not to need to remove them manually and let them work on other tasks.
If there's no free storage chests, what you are expecting them to do with the cargo, drop it on the ground ? :)

Just place some Storage Chest in the center of your base for cases like that...

qlf00n
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by qlf00n »

DevilXD wrote:
qlf00n wrote:Logistic robots hangs up in the air with the cargo if the requester chest is removed while they are on the way with the cargo (and probably also when there are no free storage chests). Would be nice not to need to remove them manually and let them work on other tasks.
If there's no free storage chests, what you are expecting them to do with the cargo, drop it on the ground ? :)

Just place some Storage Chest in the center of your base for cases like that...
Return the cargo to the passive provider chest, maybe? Where they took the cargo from or just go to the player and hang near him to let him know there's an issue?

I don't have a problem with them hanging in air I would just like to know there is a lack of storage issue. An icon or anything to inform the player would be nice. Spotting them hanging in air by accident while running near them is not the best solution IMHO.

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

qlf00n wrote:Return the cargo to the passive provider chest, maybe? Where they took the cargo from or just go to the player and hang near him to let him know there's an issue?
The Passive Provider Chest can only be taken from, I can't accept items back. It's the same for Requester Chests, robot's can't take from them 'because that item is more needed elsewhere'. Only Storage Chests can work both ways, it's been like that for quite a while. You can of course use the Storage Chests as an output from your factories, just use some Red/Green wire or Logistics limit to make sure there's always room in the chest to put the items back :)
qlf00n wrote:I don't have a problem with them hanging in air I would just like to know there is a lack of storage issue. An icon or anything to inform the player would be nice. Spotting them hanging in air by accident while running near them is not the best solution IMHO.
Place a 5x5/7x7/9x9 of Storage Chests in the middle of your base (where are you often walking by) and look at them periodically. If there's no chests that are empty, just expand your storage square. That's what I'm doing at least :D

qlf00n
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by qlf00n »

DevilXD wrote:Place a 5x5/7x7/9x9 of Storage Chests in the middle of your base (where are you often walking by) and look at them periodically. If there's no chests that are empty, just expand your storage square. That's what I'm doing at least :D
Yes, that's what I was doing in previous games. I've just spotted this "issue" in the current game as I try not to produce too much and observe how it works. An icon or any information about robots hanging in the air would be nice though.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

qlf00n wrote:
I don't have a problem with them hanging in air I would just like to know there is a lack of storage issue. An icon or anything to inform the player would be nice. Spotting them hanging in air by accident while running near them is not the best solution IMHO
[...]
DevilXD wrote:Place a 5x5/7x7/9x9 of Storage Chests in the middle of your base (where are you often walking by) and look at them periodically. If there's no chests that are empty, just expand your storage square. That's what I'm doing at least :D
Yes, that's what I was doing in previous games. I've just spotted this "issue" in the current game as I try not to produce too much and observe how it works. An icon or any information about robots hanging in the air would be nice though.
I agree, it's about time there where logistic alarms like that one described here, about no storage space could/should appear with a location link to a robot standing in mid-air waiting for it,

#devs - what do you think :?:
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Tricorius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tricorius »

qlf00n wrote:
I agree with this. I still sometimes try to figure out what's going on when I see a mass of them hovering (after deconstructing something large, like buffer storage). Then I remember and plunk down a few more storage chests.
SomeDuder wrote: Ehhh... Mines are only any good at the small-medium native stage. The bigger bugs just walk through them and you'll just be wasting resources. Which is fine, since hey, why the hell not, but you also will lose constructors.
I daresay your minefield isn't large enough then. :) But yes, it's irritating when construction bots charge headlong into battle. I'd like an AI adjustment to deal with that. I wonder if there's a way to hook up the circuit network to test if turrets are firing and hold back the bots if they are. I don't think you can disable already active bots though. Not even by cutting power (since they'd have battery for a while).

Hmmm...

qlf00n
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by qlf00n »

I also spotted today that when I train waits on the station to unload crude barrels and have a logic trigger set to count empty barrels = 0 AND time passed 30 seconds it does not wait (the second condition). Confirmed it three times in a row. Finally changed the condition to other but still i guess it's worth to let you know.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

qlf00n wrote:I also spotted today that when I train waits on the station to unload crude barrels and have a logic trigger set to count empty barrels = 0 AND time passed 30 seconds it does not wait (the second condition). Confirmed it three times in a row. Finally changed the condition to other but still i guess it's worth to let you know.
If you spotted a bug, better post it in the bug report section. Make sur to test with latest factorio version first.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Return to “Releases”