Version 0.13.4

Information about releases and roadmap.
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Version 0.13.4

Post by Klonan »

h4d214n wrote:I bought Factorio last week via GOG, and the experimantal branch they provide seems to be slightly behind. It seems I can't get past 13.0. ie, no 13.1, 13.2..

Does someone know, if there is a way how to update to the latest build?
You can redeem a retail key from GOG and use the in game updater,

We are also going to update the GOG version today

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

gantrisch wrote:Also annoying are these very dense forests. Starting in a forest with my little pickaxe is working not playing. Shooting them down later also is no fun at all.
These can be a blessing and a curse. Dense forests really help in the early game keeping biters off your back by absorbing tons of pollution, but they are a hassle to clear when you need space. By the mid game you should be getting access to cluster grenades and poison capsules which can clear huge swaths of forest in minutes. Combine that with the deconstruction planner with personal roboports and forests quickly become a minor inconvenience.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

MrGrim wrote:
gantrisch wrote:Also annoying are these very dense forests. Starting in a forest with my little pickaxe is working not playing. Shooting them down later also is no fun at all.
These can be a blessing and a curse. Dense forests really help in the early game keeping biters off your back by absorbing tons of pollution, but they are a hassle to clear when you need space. By the mid game you should be getting access to cluster grenades and poison capsules which can clear huge swaths of forest in minutes. Combine that with the deconstruction planner with personal roboports and forests quickly become a minor inconvenience.
Fully agree - but - that maps are in 0.13.x created where small annoying water ponds arescarrered densely all over the place as well as one raw material is missing altogether seems to me to be a bug.

h4d214n
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by h4d214n »

Klonan wrote:
h4d214n wrote:I bought Factorio last week via GOG, and the experimantal branch they provide seems to be slightly behind. It seems I can't get past 13.0. ie, no 13.1, 13.2..

Does someone know, if there is a way how to update to the latest build?
You can redeem a retail key from GOG and use the in game updater,

We are also going to update the GOG version today
Splendid! I wasn't looking thoroughly enough in the end. Thank you for poiting me to the right direction! Much appreciated.
In GOG library, there is already a serial number which in turn can be copy pasted to your Factorio account and voila, version 0.13.6 here I come. :D

Absolutely briliant game though, haven't enloyed anything like this in a long time.

Return to “Releases”