Version 0.12.35

Information about releases and roadmap.
cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Version 0.12.35

Post by cube »

Arn wrote:What is the ETA of the train at the bridge/treacherous gap (GMT+1) ?

(ie, what time are we updating???? I'm in Brisbane (GMT+10) and I want to know if I can expect the update before I run out of steam...)
Evening / night (GMT +1)

WoodyDaOcas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by WoodyDaOcas »

ok, if the (latest) promised time is today, let's anticipate 23.59, right ? :D

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Yeah, I'm in Melbourne and its 7:50 pm. Looks like release time would be Tuesday for us Aussies :S

Arn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arn »

cube wrote:

(ie, what time are we updating???? I'm in Brisbane (GMT+10) and I want to know if I can expect the update before I run out of steam...)
Evening / night (GMT +1)
Thanks Cube :)

See you when I wake in the morning then! 8-)

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

EDIT: Oops I missed the post by someone on staff. Actual information trumps statistical guesswork every time, but I'll leave this here as a reference for when we're curious about when 14.0 is coming out :D

Doing some quick eyeball stats, using my local time of Eastern US, the last 2 major updates have come out in the morning, and most of those before have come out in the early afternoon. Also, the past 3 updates have come out earlier than the previous one. Both of these trends imply we should get the update before 10:00am Eastern time, or within the next 4 hours.

For reference:

12: 9:51am
11: 11:41am
10: 1:39pm
9: 3:04pm
8: 12:36pm
7: 2:44pm
6: 10:40am
5: 2:53pm
4: 1:23pm
3: 4:52pm
2: unavailable
1: unavailable

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

cube wrote:

Evening / night (GMT +1)
It's still before the deadline if you release at 23:59, right?? :D

Hooch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hooch »

Zeblote wrote:
cube wrote:

Evening / night (GMT +1)
As much as I want that to be released as soon as possible, I would also like to have that polished. So if they need even few more days, I'm fine wit it.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

5thHorseman wrote:Doing some quick eyeball stats, using my local time of Eastern US, the last 2 major updates have come out in the morning, and most of those before have come out in the early afternoon. Also, the past 3 updates have come out earlier than the previous one. Both of these trends imply we should get the update before 10:00am Eastern time, or within the next 4 hours.
Relying on past events is a bad idea when it comes to Factorio. Both 0.11.0 and 0.12.0 have been released on a Friday, but today is Monday.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Hooch wrote: As much as I want that to be released as soon as possible, I would also like to have that polished. So if they need even few more days, I'm fine wit it.
+1 I sign that.
The later the better the more polished therefore the more attractive especially to new buyers.
Thats important bcs., as only a few understand, developers also have to eat & drink once in a while...

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

Post by [DegC]RubenGass »

Hooch wrote:
Zeblote wrote:
cube wrote:

Evening / night (GMT +1)
As much as I want that to be released as soon as possible, I would also like to have that polished. So if they need even few more days, I'm fine wit it.
I get what you mean but I wouldn't be fine with it. I'm not fine with it for two reasons;
Firstly, to me, communication is key. If you think that an update will be finished in 100 days but after 50 days you find out you will need an additional 20 days, tell me. I don't mind delays, as long as you tell me about them. If you say "we will most likely release next week" but then wait until Friday to tell me it won't, you have disappointed me because by Wednesday you already knew that you probably won't make it but failed to inform me. What you end up doing then is constantly letting hype create and then destroy it again, to the point where I don't really care about the release date because you have disappointed me so many times, I don't trust you anymore.
The second reason is more of a counter argument to saying "I would rather have a more polished version with less bugs". If you want polished games with little bugs, go play something that is released. This game is still in early access so bugs are to be expected and I will just have to deal with it. It's the risk I took when I started playing an unfinished game. Sure, a more polished and stable version is nice, but isn't that what the stable and experimental branches are for?

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Hooch wrote:As much as I want that to be released as soon as possible, I would also like to have that polished. So if they need even few more days, I'm fine wit it.
There will always be tomorrow and always something to polish. With such thinking you will wait forever.

RaviorMetal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RaviorMetal »

I've played the stable versions of this game with a couple of friends for dozens of hours.

Actually we all have to say that this game is nowhere to be seen as buggy and unpolished as so much other games that are out there, some even in released state.
For us, Factorio stands as a representative for very well developed games. Original Idea, extremely fun, no really important bugs felt at all.

PS: Was just looking here for the new release that comes out today... are there other news sources I can look at? Up until now I just read the FF.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

it's 8:20pm here in western Australia.. I could stay up until the release, or I could try and get to sleep now and play in the morning before work

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

RaviorMetal wrote:PS: Was just looking here for the new release that comes out today... are there other news sources I can look at? Up until now I just read the FF.
cube wrote:

Evening / night (GMT +1)
There's no need to look anywhere else. This is the best and most precise info you can get by now.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

[DegC]RubenGass wrote:
Hooch wrote:
Zeblote wrote:
cube wrote:

Evening / night (GMT +1)
I get what you mean but I wouldn't be fine with it. I'm not fine with it for two reasons;
Firstly, to me, communication is key. If you think that an update will be finished in 100 days but after 50 days you find out you will need an additional 20 days, tell me. I don't mind delays, as long as you tell me about them. If you say "we will most likely release next week" but then wait until Friday to tell me it won't, you have disappointed me because by Wednesday you already knew that you probably won't make it but failed to inform me. What you end up doing then is constantly letting hype create and then destroy it again, to the point where I don't really care about the release date because you have disappointed me so many times, I don't trust you anymore.
The second reason is more of a counter argument to saying "I would rather have a more polished version with less bugs". If you want polished games with little bugs, go play something that is released. This game is still in early access so bugs are to be expected and I will just have to deal with it. It's the risk I took when I started playing an unfinished game. Sure, a more polished and stable version is nice, but isn't that what the stable and experimental branches are for?
In a way, you're saying we just paid good money to de-bug the game.

I like it.

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

Post by [DegC]RubenGass »

CMH wrote:
[DegC]RubenGass wrote: I get what you mean but I wouldn't be fine with it. I'm not fine with it for two reasons;
In a way, you're saying we just paid good money to de-bug the game.

I like it.
That's kind of the point of Early Access right? Get community feedback and testing early on :p

Lyman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lyman »

Would it be a good idea if they would stream the release like a some kind of event?
So the most interested audience would know what is going on and just more connected to the team?

I'm sure that I miss a lot of thing that should consider with that idea, but sounds interesting option to me with a short thinking.
Just random Finnish player.

WoodyDaOcas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by WoodyDaOcas »

Lyman wrote:.
I'd watch it for the whole time :)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

[DegC]RubenGass wrote:I don't mind delays, as long as you tell me about them. If you say "we will most likely release next week" but then wait until Friday to tell me it won't, you have disappointed me because by Wednesday you already knew that you probably won't make it but failed to inform me. What you end up doing then is constantly letting hype create and then destroy it again, to the point where I don't really care about the release date because you have disappointed me so many times, I don't trust you anymore.
i agree with this ...

(especially if i want to update my mod in reasonable time)

Tempusism
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tempusism »

i am actualy waiting the 0.13 cause i want to play with my friends. also i am a noob and i cant make a factorio server. actualy i can.. but i cant play with them if the server is running. does 0.13 will help me to coop with my friend or i still have to make a server somehow?
Last edited by Tempusism on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Releases”