Version 0.12.23

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.12.23

Post by FactorioBot »

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.23

Post by Supercheese »

Extended the soundtrack.
Ohhhhh my, wonder what these will sound like. :D

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Not bad ;)

Edit:

Does anyone know if we might be getting slightly early access on steam like the night before to make sure things work well for the release? I can see big bonus in helping reviews / guides, videos, etc for the release so new players are better informed.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Kane wrote: Does anyone know if we might be getting slightly early access on steam like the night before to make sure things work well for the release? I can see big bonus in helping reviews / guides, videos, etc for the release so new players are better informed.
We might release the keys a few days before the release so that you can activate the game on steam, we will let you (all) know when its live and the procedure for redeeming your key

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Klonan wrote:
Kane wrote: Does anyone know if we might be getting slightly early access on steam like the night before to make sure things work well for the release? I can see big bonus in helping reviews / guides, videos, etc for the release so new players are better informed.
We might release the keys a few days before the release so that you can activate the game on steam, we will let you (all) know when its live and the procedure for redeeming your key
I just giggled like a school girl :P

I can't wait thanks for the info. Clearly this is subject to change of course for anyone else reading this so be warned!

gibbsman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gibbsman »

Keep in mind activating the game on steam only adds it to your account and likely won't give you early access to the steam version of the game. :)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

gibbsman wrote:Keep in mind activating the game on steam only adds it to your account and likely won't give you early access to the steam version of the game. :)
When you normally add a key or third party idk how to explain it but when it's normally outside of actually clicking on buy button within steam it tends to actually reward you right away with the ability to play.

But clearly the devs I assume can change this but I highly doubt they would. I assume it might be labeled beta build or something till the date of release.

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

"The alerts are disabled when player or combat robots get hurt/destroyed." THANK YOU

Time to check out the new music!
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

Stragemque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stragemque »

will we still be able to play the game without steam?
zinovic

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Stragemque wrote:will we still be able to play the game without steam?
Yes you can continue to keep downloading the same way you have been.

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

Nice work guys!

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Klonan wrote:
A few days before the release which is in 2 days. So it will be released today? :D
Waste of bytes : P

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

keyboardhack wrote:
Klonan wrote:
A few days before the release which is in 2 days. So it will be released today? :D
Or not ;) or yes :P

I'm going to bed but maybe I will wake up to good news.

Bart
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bart »

keyboardhack wrote:
Klonan wrote:
http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/steam-keys-available
I have the cape.
I make the fucking whoosh noises.

gibbsman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gibbsman »

Kane wrote:
gibbsman wrote:Keep in mind activating the game on steam only adds it to your account and likely won't give you early access to the steam version of the game. :)
When you normally add a key or third party idk how to explain it but when it's normally outside of actually clicking on buy button within steam it tends to actually reward you right away with the ability to play.

But clearly the devs I assume can change this but I highly doubt they would. I assume it might be labeled beta build or something till the date of release.
Unfortunately if the game isn't released and you add a key you don't get access to play it until steam releases it to the public. Different keys are required for early reviews, youtube vids, twitch streams, etc.

Ringkeeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ringkeeper »

FactorioBot wrote:
The game gets even restarted if you don't change anything. Just going into mods and back is enough. I guess that was not planned or?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Ringkeeper wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
The game gets even restarted if you don't change anything. Just going into mods and back is enough. I guess that was not planned or?
It will be fixed in the next release: [0.12.23] Exiting Mod screen without changes restarts game
HanziQ wrote:This has been fixed for the next release (not sure if there are enough bugs for .24 to happen).
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Puh winter weekend saved :o! No mod breaking features :D!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

Scenario pack was moved to the base game package.
So, where do you find the scenarios?

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Sadly they gave us retail key and not like a beta key. So none of us can actually play it till release date. Strange with most game I had gotten before their stream release this is one the few that have done this. Most them you could play before the release on steam if it was released on their site giving out steam keys to play on steam early :P

oh well 2 days to go.

Return to “Releases”