Version 0.12.11

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Version 0.12.11

Post by kovarex »

I was just refreshing the server, so it might be the problem it should work fine now.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

kovarex wrote:I don't know what changes with locale are there. Could you post a link to mod that worked before and doesn't work now, so I can understand what exactly is the issue?
All of the bob's mods that add content as far as I can see.

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 51&t=13919

Get Library 0.12.1, Ores 0.12.6, Plates 0.12.8 and Logistics 0.12.7. I don't have a lot unlocked on my game here, but all the content from those 3 have missing locales. (Other mods probably do too)
Last edited by bobingabout on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

kovarex wrote:I don't know what changes with locale are there. Could you post a link to mod that worked before and doesn't work now, so I can understand what exactly is the issue?
Try my mod, AmmoBox. Here is a pre-release updated for 0.12.11

Start a new game, try `/c game.local_player.insert{name='gun-turret-2', count='10'}` and place a bunch. The names of the turret entities when you hover show entity-name.gun-turret-2, despite there being a perfectly valid and previously working ammo-box.cfg in the locale/en directory.
Attachments
AmmoBox_0.1.3.zip
(38.28 KiB) Downloaded 345 times

ps666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ps666 »

Hi,
after update i have a grafic bug. No mods installed.
Specs:
AMD Radeon 290X
Windows 10
Intel i5@4500GHz
16 GB RAM
Attachments
Grafics Bug
Grafics Bug
Factorio.jpg (828.89 KiB) Viewed 7825 times

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

ps666 wrote:Hi,
after update i have a grafic bug. No mods installed.
Specs:
AMD Radeon 290X
Windows 10
Intel i5@4500GHz
16 GB RAM
try this
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=9300

ps666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ps666 »

Thank you. Solution 2 helped (force-opengl=true).

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Any special reasons for always forcing OpenGL on AMD? I missed something out there.

Edit: Now I see, interesting, yeah, I remember having to set OpenGL for some games when I had an AMD gpu.

vzybilly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vzybilly »

bobingabout wrote:Yeah, now that I've finally updated to 0.12.11, and fixed my clock mod... ALL locale entries added by my mod aren't being loaded.

All locale entry files are named "names.cfg" (was a pretty standardised naming convention dating right back to 0.9.8 when I first made my mods)

It apears (even though there arn't any changelog details listing it) that locale name entry files need to be the same name of ANY active mod (I tried base.cfg and boblogistics.cfg specifically in my logistics mod, and both worked)

I suppose this may not be a bug, but you should probably put this in the changelog if it is intended.
It's been on the wiki for quite some time that the locale should be named the same as the mod, I'm not sure when it came about but it was probably depreciated but still worked and they finally removed the code for that... I started up in 0.11 and it was that way, not sure for how long.
Will code for Food. I also have 11+ mods!

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

vzybilly wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Yeah, now that I've finally updated to 0.12.11, and fixed my clock mod... ALL locale entries added by my mod aren't being loaded.

All locale entry files are named "names.cfg" (was a pretty standardised naming convention dating right back to 0.9.8 when I first made my mods)

It apears (even though there arn't any changelog details listing it) that locale name entry files need to be the same name of ANY active mod (I tried base.cfg and boblogistics.cfg specifically in my logistics mod, and both worked)

I suppose this may not be a bug, but you should probably put this in the changelog if it is intended.
It's been on the wiki for quite some time that the locale should be named the same as the mod, I'm not sure when it came about but it was probably depreciated but still worked and they finally removed the code for that... I started up in 0.11 and it was that way, not sure for how long.
Link: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 8&p=113251
Afforess wrote:Factorio does not use the locale files provided in mod_dir/locale/en when the mod directories are provided in the zip format. Unpacked format, locale seems to work correctly.
This is the problem. The locales don't work when zipped, but they work when extracted.
I don't know what the intended behavior is for the devs, but there is an inconsistency between zipped and extracted mods, although both provide the same data.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Fansana
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fansana »

Hey guys I am running a Bobs mod world, Is it worth to update?
I mean are the mods broken and stuff?

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Fansana wrote:Hey guys I am running a Bobs mod world, Is it worth to update?
IMO, it's not. At least not yet. Most mods are still broken, and will be for the next week or so. It's trivial to fix them, but when you have lots of mods, this is still time consuming.

If you have more than 10 mods, I'd hold off until next weekend.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Fansana wrote:Hey guys I am running a Bobs mod world, Is it worth to update?
The only bob's mod that breaks with the update is the clock, but I have released a fix for that.
Treefarm lite, a mod commonly used with bob's mods is broken too if you use that, not up to me to fix, I did for my own use, but I can't release it. (actually, I posted the edited file on their bugs topic)

there is however the locale bug issue with this update, you can get around that by making sure you extract all the mods rather than running them in zip files.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

FactorioBot wrote:Warning: Most of the mods will be broken by this release, most of the problems can be solved by find and replace of "game.on_" to "script.on_" in the mod script files.
Why no information to modders BEFORE you do something like this ? - or have you planed this change since yesterday ?
And why not waiting until factorio 0.13 ? - anybody expect 0.13 break all mods.
don't waste your time with anwser - better you make some new surprise changes for next version

yes i know ... i can use my find and replace option ...
maybe it's my fault and i haven't read the annouce of this change - i apologize.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

YuokiTani wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Warning: Most of the mods will be broken by this release, most of the problems can be solved by find and replace of "game.on_" to "script.on_" in the mod script files.
Why no information to modders BEFORE you do something like this ? - or have you planed this change since yesterday ?
don't waste your time with anwser - better you make some new surprise changes for next version

maybe it's my fault and i haven't read the annouce of this change - i apologize.
Psst:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 72#p113172

Edit:
Yea, you are totally right about the fact that it would be really nice if they could warn us beforehand ;)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

YuokiTani wrote:

Yes, I know this change is inconvenient, and I'm sorry for it.
But we needed to do it to solve various crashes related to saving the game and script event processing. The thing is, that if we waited for 0.13, the 0.12 would never be stable enough to be called kovarex stable.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I reverted back to 12.10 yesterday, and I don't plan on upgrading to 12.12 any time soon. Modders need time to update their mods...

Return to “Releases”