roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.1

Post by roman566 »

deepdriller wrote:
roman566 wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:
roman566 wrote:Was something done to Laser Turrets? An attack on my defense lines suddenly turns off my entire factory, something that did not happen before patch.
Laser turret power requirement was quadrupled in the 0.12 update.
Replace 'quadrupled' with whatever you say when it was multiplied by ten and you are spot on.
Decupled?
Increased tenfold?
Don't ask me, English is not my primary language.

What I would like to know why such a major change wasn't mentioned in the patch! Suddenly I need at least double my power generation.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

roman566 wrote:
deepdriller wrote:
roman566 wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:
roman566 wrote:Was something done to Laser Turrets? An attack on my defense lines suddenly turns off my entire factory, something that did not happen before patch.
Laser turret power requirement was quadrupled in the 0.12 update.
Replace 'quadrupled' with whatever you say when it was multiplied by ten and you are spot on.
Decupled?
Increased tenfold?
Don't ask me, English is not my primary language.

What I would like to know why such a major change wasn't mentioned in the patch! Suddenly I need at least double my power generation.
You might have some mod there or something.
Data file shows that laser turret has flow of 4.8MW - and this is caused by the fact that laser turret is 4 times the size now and it also does 4x damage.
Check your defences to see if you don't have laser turrets on top of each other - technically you should need quarter of them now.

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

I do not have turrets stacked on each other, I already fixed that problem when 0.12 came out. In 0.12 everything was fine, now my turrets have energy consumption of 6.2 MW and every time I am facing a larger attack, the factory shuts down as it lacks energy. I have over 60MW spare energy generation, in 0.12 that was more than enough to keep 30-40 turrets firing without any problems, now 10 turrets shut down my factory.
I do not have any mods so it's not from that.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

roman566 wrote:Oh, I just checked Wiki. Laser Turret had 600 kW drain, now it has 6 MW... ten times more. Did I miss it in patch or something?
Where did you get the 6 MW figure? Hovering over a laser turret clearly shows drain of 24 kW for me. Are we talking vanilla turrets?

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

From Laser Turret description? I guess constant drain is 24kW, when it fires it takes 6.2MW. I got the pre patch value from Wiki.
Attachments
lt.jpg
lt.jpg (433.14 KiB) Viewed 6786 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Something's wrong there, this might be a bug actually. You're supposed to see 4.8 MW. Is the turret connected to two different electric networks?

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

Nope. I do have another network, but it's purely for my second factory.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

AnEntity wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Changed Assembling machine's auto-insertion behaviour when using speed module effects. Faster speed with fast recipes will insert more items sooner.
I don't quite understand the effect of this change. Could someone give me an example of how this would be different?
Essentially if the assembly machine is using speed modules, then the inserters feeding the machine will load more than the normal 2x the recipe of items. I haven't yet gotten this far to see this for myself, but that's what I understood. I don't know what is meant by the sooner part, though I take it to mean that maybe it will wake the inserters up feeding it before it starts producing an item.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

roman566 wrote:Nope. I do have another network, but it's purely for my second factory.
Can you send me your save?

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

Oxyd wrote:
roman566 wrote:Nope. I do have another network, but it's purely for my second factory.
Can you send me your save?
Sure, how do I do that? PM does not seem have the attachment option.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

You can attach it here when replying to this thread.

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

Ok.
Attachments
game3.zip
(11.72 MiB) Downloaded 283 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, there's certainly something weird going on. When you hover over the laser turret icon in the crafting menu, the tooltip will say that power consumption is 2.4 MW, as it should be. But when you place it, it's suddenly 6.2 MW.

Is this map migrated from 0.11 or did you start it in 0.12?

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

Migrated. But in pure 0.12 everything was fine, I was using turret spam to clear out multiple nests, I did not notice any problems with energy.

I have done some testing on my own on an older save game from that map. The save was from 0.12
In 0.12 my 20 some turrets fired without issues. Power grid did noticed it, but it never maxed out with about 30-40MW power reserve.
In 0.12.1 the same turrets on the same spot caused the power grid to max out and shut down all non-essential stuff to power the turrets.
Nothing else changed, I was next to a bitter base so I just lured some enemies to test turrets.

In both save games turret has shown 6.2MW power consumption.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

So I've investigated and this is indeed a bug. It's caused by the Laser Turret Shooting Speed researches – researching these increases laser turrets' power drain beyond 2.4 MW.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Actually no, I'm sorry, I'm confusing myself again. Laser Turret Shooting Speed would increase laser turret's power consumption in 0.11 as well, so it's working as intended. Only on larger scales.

Weresmilodon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Weresmilodon »

Oxyd wrote:Actually no, I'm sorry, I'm confusing myself again. Laser Turret Shooting Speed would increase laser turret's power consumption in 0.11 as well, so it's working as intended. Only on larger scales.
So, it's intended behavior? Does the research state that it increases power consumption?

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Weresmilodon wrote:
Oxyd wrote:Actually no, I'm sorry, I'm confusing myself again. Laser Turret Shooting Speed would increase laser turret's power consumption in 0.11 as well, so it's working as intended. Only on larger scales.
So, it's intended behavior? Does the research state that it increases power consumption?
No, it doesn't. But since Watt is Joule per second and the shooting speed research gives you more shots per second, it only makes sense that the maximum draw should increase. It's still the same amount of energy per shot, just increased amount of energy per second.

sgt_cookie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sgt_cookie »

The fact the Shooting speed bonus increases Energy Consumption is something that DEFINITELY needs adding to the Research Tooltip. Mainly so newbies know that it's supposed to happen, and not flood the bug forum.

Weresmilodon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Weresmilodon »

Oxyd wrote:
Weresmilodon wrote:
No, it doesn't. But since Watt is Joule per second and the shooting speed research gives you more shots per second, it only makes sense that the maximum draw should increase. It's still the same amount of energy per shot, just increased amount of energy per second.
If it's only cost increase per second (per tick?), then that makes sense. What was said earlier could be taken as an increase per shot, that's what i was reacting to.

Return to “Releases”