[1.1.38] Crash on load (with specific mod)

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
rsatdcms
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.38] Crash on load (with specific mod)

Post by rsatdcms »

I got a few (okay quiet a few) mods installed but managed to get into the state that the game is crashing on load (Sprite step of loading bar, never gets to main menu)

Found out that the mod that makes it crash is https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Kombat_Drones but I have not seen an obvious reason in the log. Is there a way I can run Factorio with more debug? Attaching the log, but cannot see anything obvious there.

Removing the mod makes the game load fine. Recovery here is to remove all the mods and the game loads (later I managed to track down this specific mod) Happy to get some debug if I can somehow generate more.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(71.38 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.38] Crash on load (with specific mod)

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you please provide a log file with the crash in it? The one you provided just ends with no crash.

That, or zip and upload the save file + set of mods needed to make it crash (using google drive, dropbox, one drive or what ever else works).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

rsatdcms
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rsatdcms »

Is there any other logs generated that I can add? This was the only log file I saw and you are right, it does not show a crash.

I have actually now managed to download kombat_drones mod and the game loaded. So I am actually back on square 1 as to what was causing the crash... Il try to see if I can reproduce it in the future and create a new post (so this one can be closed).

But if I do manage to reproduce it, the issue is that I am unable to get into the main menu to load a save file with these mods. I can only clear mods and chose to install/enable on sync.

So is there any place I can find useful log files or perhaps some sort of `--verbose` param I can pass in (running via steam) to generate more verbose logs?

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

rsatdcms wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:59 pm
So is there any place I can find useful log files or perhaps some sort of `--verbose` param I can pass in (running via steam) to generate more verbose logs?
Just a regular factorio-current.log after the issue has occured (do not run factorio after the issue as it will rotate the logs moving it to factorio-previous.log and later will delete it). Save file with empty fresh map also helps to sync mods or a full save file if you can reproduce the issue reliably with it.

Return to “Pending”