[1.1.25] Crash after map corruption

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
ffwarriorz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.25] Crash after map corruption

Post by ffwarriorz »

I have a reoccurring crash that just started last night. I got a different error just now while not doing anything so I'm not sure what's going on. The newest error is "Cannot save map: Corrupt map/memory corruption: invalid heat buffer" and after trying to save again, under a different save name, it crashed. Attached is the log.
Attachments
factorio-previous - Copy.log
(159.33 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.25] Crash after map corruption

Post by Loewchen »

Pretty clear sign of a hardware failure to have memory corruption multiple times within a small window.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however unless you have a way to take a known working save and get it into the corrupt state every time it just sounds like you're hardware is failing.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ffwarriorz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ffwarriorz »

Well, it was happening quite often (at different time lengths - between 5-20 mins) on multiple different computers, but after deleting the chunks not in use, it seems to have fixed itself. Haven't had a crash in quite a few hours after the change. It deleted over 380k chunks, so I'm assuming that was the issue...

Return to “Pending”