[0.18.18] Crash on save: "Count of indexed targeters doesn't match count of saved targetables"

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.18.18] Crash on save: "Count of indexed targeters doesn't match count of saved targetables"

Post by wobbycarly »

Only my first hard crash in several years... No idea what's going on here, been playing this map for several days, aiming for 5k SPM. Finally got the labs up and immediately hit power issues. Just going about my business, autosave kicked in and *crash*. Log and screenshot attached. Hardly any mods enabled. Let me know if you need more.
Attachments
mod-list.json
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
factorio-current.log
(20.82 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
2020-04-10 22_14_43-Factorio 0.18.18 - crash on autosave.png
2020-04-10 22_14_43-Factorio 0.18.18 - crash on autosave.png (2.95 MiB) Viewed 1343 times

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18.18] Crash on save: "Count of indexed targeters doesn't match count of saved targetables"

Post by wobbycarly »

So I went back to the previous autosave and kept playing, so the autosaves were overwritten and I can't reproduce. I can either provide a save game from about 5 hours before the error, or a successful autosave after. Would either help? I did notice that when I first restarted after the error, the "keep playing" option was _autosave1.tmp, and when I tried loading this it crashed again. However, that file no longer exists - at least not in the saves folder. I would have made a copy, except that I didn't expect it to disappear.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.18] Crash on save: "Count of indexed targeters doesn't match count of saved targetables"

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Without a save file that reproduces the error and after looking in the log file and seeing nothing got logged about the error there's nothing I can do.

It's possible there's a game bug but it's also equally possible that you had a random memory corruption issue. Until there's some way to reproduce it there's nothing I can do.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

Thanks for looking at it. I suspect a random HDD IO error. I guess close this report, and if I get another crash in another 3 years time, I'll post the save :D

Return to “Pending”