[0.18.18] Crash loading save: "fluidBox->connections[connectionRecord.connectionIndex].target == nullptr was not true"

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.18.18] Crash loading save: "fluidBox->connections[connectionRecord.connectionIndex].target == nullptr was not true"

Post by cpy »

So game crashes on load, I hope this helps. Might be something with pipes.
Attachments
factorio-crash.log
(12.24 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.18] Crash loading save: "fluidBox->connections[connectionRecord.connectionIndex].target == nullptr was not tru

Post by cpy »

Save posted. But it says error if i try to post.

Unpacked save file and pracked it with 7zip. So hopefully you can re zip it and use it in game.
Attachments
_autosave5.7z
(11.29 MiB) Downloaded 67 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.18] Crash loading save: "fluidBox->connections[connectionRecord.connectionIndex].target == nullptr was not tru

Post by posila »

Can you upload also your mod-settings.dat? I was not able to make it crash so far.

EDIT: After downgrading LTN to version you had and resyncing mod settings again, it crashed. (Not that LTN is culprit but mod change must have invoked some internal migrations that fixed the issue)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Ah thanks for tip, i will try to update LTN. Man this helps a lot. Thanks! I'm sure I didn't change default mod settings.

jwu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jwu »

Hi,

I am seeing the same issue on version [0.17.79] and unable to load any of my saves.
factorio-current.log
(5.91 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Hoping to get some help.

Thanks!

Edit: Here is one of the affected save files
_autosave2.zip
(18.96 MiB) Downloaded 83 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Due to the huge amount of changes around fluids, unless someone has a way to reproduce this in any version after the changes of fluid mixing (>= 0.18.32) I don't think this is worth looking into.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

jwu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jwu »

Hey Rseding91, I am working with [0.17.79] and all of my save files suddenly cannot be opened. I haven't updated and have been playing offline for a few days. Are you suggesting I just abandon my saves?

I posted here, because there was a similar error message that I saw on my crash logs, but if the older version requires a new post, I can do that.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

jwu wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:48 pm
Hey Rseding91, I am working with [0.17.79] and all of my save files suddenly cannot be opened. I haven't updated and have been playing offline for a few days. Are you suggesting I just abandon my saves?

I posted here, because there was a similar error message that I saw on my crash logs, but if the older version requires a new post, I can do that.
I suggest you try updating to the latest 0.18 version of the game. There's a good chance the issue is fixed there.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

jwu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jwu »

I installed the experimental version and that seems to be working for now. Thanks!

Return to “Pending”