[0.17.79] Crash on save "Count of indexed targeters doesn't match count of saved targetables"

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Fountious
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.79] Crash on save "Count of indexed targeters doesn't match count of saved targetables"

Post by Fountious »

Heya, Thanks for making an awesome game.

Mods we were using:
Industrial Revolution 1.0.10 and it's dependencies
Deadlock's Larger Lamps 1.3.0
Mushroom Cloud 1.0.10

Crashed while saving a paused multiplayer game after network loss just before autosave

I'll try and mention all the information that could be relevant but I'll admit this is a pretty atypical scenario and it doesn't surprise me entirely if I hit an edge case that caused a crash.
Skip down to the USEFUL tag to get to the start of the likely crash causes, but i'll start with all the extras that might be useful.
- I started a map, with a saved seed for the second time (got wiped out fast the first time so started the same seed with lowered difficulty settings)
- in the middle of setting up the new difficulty settings I changed the mod setting for Industrial Revolution which caused a the game to relaunch for the mod setting to change (damaged buildings create scrap)
- returned to the multiplayer creation, set all the settings again, put in the map seed, previewed the map
- set up a multiplayer lobby, password protected, steam, 2 player limit, returning players excused from limit
- started game, paused it, sent a steam invite to friend (shift tab steam overlay > right click friend > invite to game lobby), friend joined, unpaused after the map download was finished
- my local network was currently being flogged by housemates on youtube, so after a lot of lag he disconnected unable to get response from server (me)
- i paused the game, we did some speed tests, talked, i switched my connection to a VPN to his home country, sent him a new invite, he joined back in, connection was much better and we played for a few hours happily, had much fun
USEFUL
- we had just gotten clockwork bots so he was busy griefing with his new toy and spamming lots of ghost blueprints of belt messes we didn't have the belts to fulfil
- I wandered off, he may have alt tabbed out for a bit (he's on windows)
- when i returned he had left (I think), (I think I paused the game here, sorry my memory is already fading)
- my modem was bumped and I lost internet for a few minutes, after it came back on I definitely would have paused it by then, probably not while it was down, maybe after it was up, but most likely back there. (sorry hopefully logs answer this)
waited a while, came back to a paused game and hit escape > save game > typed in "Industrial Revolution with Simon", clicked save
- got a popup telling me to come share my crash log with you lovely people here

Hopefully this is useful to you folks, I'll attach the save that was created: "Industrial Revolution with Simon.tmp"
Loading it gives me the error "Deserialisation error, target with id 7654 doesn't exist"
I'll also attach the most recent autosave but its almost the full 5 mins earlier.
Actually it's 4min 58sec earlier, so perhaps it was the autosave prep that did it, I'll add that to the title.

Thanks again, let me know if there's anything I've forgotten you'd like to know.
Attachments
_autosave1.zip
(4.02 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
Industrial Revolution with Simon.tmp.zip
(4 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
factorio-current.log
(17.46 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Crash on save "Count of indexed targeters doesn't match count of saved targetables"

Post by TruePikachu »

Code: Select all

10294.620 Error Scenario.cpp:923: Targeter for 5Armor was saved but the targetable instance wasn't saved.
10294.621 Error Scenario.cpp:923: Targeter for 18GeneratorEquipment was saved but the targetable instance wasn't saved.

Fountious
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Crash on save "Count of indexed targeters doesn't match count of saved targetables"

Post by Fountious »

Just an update from my friend, his experience on his end before he left:
what I remember was that my robots stopped doing stuff
and only yours were executing the commands I would give
so I was trying to figure out how to make mine work again
and messing around with the armour
and then the game just froze

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Maybe it crashed partway through updating targetters? Only idea I have, not knowing exactly how they're implemented, but seeing that the two faulty targetters "match" each other (in that one can surmise the armor was supposed to point to the equipment and vice versa).

Any way to reproduce this issue?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Do you have any way to reproduce the issue? As mentioned it has something to do with the armor but without a way to reproduce the issue there's not much I can do.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Pending”