[17.66] random marked for deconstruction?

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[17.66] random marked for deconstruction?

Post by dasiro »

It's been a while since I've played, but since a few days it seems like I'm getting a lot of items marked for deconstruction without touching the default alt+D
What's even weirder is that I can't cancel it with shift+LMB. The only option is to actually deconstruct the item and reconstruct it (which is a pain in the @$$ when you're not carrying tiles to remove marked tiles for decon)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [17.66] random marked for deconstruction?

Post by Loewchen »

If you can reproduce this provide the steps to do so please.

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

It's hard to reproduce, but it seems regularly to be items I've build not too long ago. I tried to go back a few autosaves, but it's been too long after 3 autosaves so I'll just drop the earliest here and hope there's some useful info in it

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5zzc8i

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

dasiro wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:03 pm
It's hard to reproduce, but it seems regularly to be items I've build not too long ago. I tried to go back a few autosaves, but it's been too long after 3 autosaves so I'll just drop the earliest here and hope there's some useful info in it

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5zzc8i
Have you accidentally hit Ctrl-Z (undo)?

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

that might have been possible, as I'm using an azerty keyboard with remapped wasd to zqsd for movement. I noticed holding ctrl+ moving up didn't do anything so I've remapped undo to ctrl+w and this will probably be the solution, thx for the extra insight :D

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

dasiro wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:59 pm
that might have been possible, as I'm using an azerty keyboard with remapped wasd to zqsd for movement. I noticed holding ctrl+ moving up didn't do anything so I've remapped undo to ctrl+w and this will probably be the solution, thx for the extra insight :D
Ctrl+W should have been undo on azerty keyboard by default, exactly because of accidental triggering of undo, did you rebind it to Ctrl+Z in the past or was the default wrong?

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

posila wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:44 pm
Ctrl+W should have been undo on azerty keyboard by default, exactly because of accidental triggering of undo, did you rebind it to Ctrl+Z in the past or was the default wrong?
No it was probably default wrong, because the last version I played before picking up the game again didn't even have undo so it must've been 16.x
In windows I have 2 layouts, because a lot of games can't handle input correctly, using character codes instead of key codes, but azerty was active for playing
btw in windows undo is also ctrl+z, but you almost never use the ctrl-key as opposed to factorio ;)

*edit*
when I now try to set the defaults back it's correctly shown and functional as ctrl+w
the only remap I've made is world map: default comma and changed it to m. The physical key is different, but it makes more sense

Return to “Pending”