[0.17.55] Stuck on "waiting for server to save map"

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.55] Stuck on "waiting for server to save map"

Post by BattleFluffy »

I experienced this issue just now when connecting to a public unpassworded vanilla multiplayer server.

When I try to join, the server must save the map before sending it to the client.
If for whatever reason the server does not save the map, the client gets stuck on this screen forever.
stuck.png
stuck.png (578.09 KiB) Viewed 1868 times
I closed Factorio via Windows. Perhaps there should be a cancel button at each stage of the joining process, in case it gets stuck, or the player has a sudden change of heart.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.68 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.55] Stuck on "waiting for server to save map"

Post by kovarex »

Hello, pressing the Esc button didn't work? From what I remember, it should cancel the connection in any phase.

BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BattleFluffy »

I don't think I tried Escape. There's nothing on that screen to suggest that Escape would do anything.. (I guess it does though?)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

BattleFluffy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:33 pm
I don't think I tried Escape. There's nothing on that screen to suggest that Escape would do anything.. (I guess it does though?)
Escape is the universal "cancel" action for desktop software. Having some big-old "PRESS ESCAPE TO CANCEL" message would just be silly :P
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BattleFluffy »

You're right about Escape being the universal cancel button. I'm a sys admin for my day job, and have over 4000 hours in factorio.. it still wasn't obvious to me. Maybe that makes me a dumbass, but I figured I'd report it anyway. Then it's up to you guys if you feel it's worth addressing or not.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

It will probably have the default [X] to close button in the corner as other windows.

Return to “Pending”