[0.17.16] Wrong power pole placement with dragging over partly build blueprints

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.16] Wrong power pole placement with dragging over partly build blueprints

Post by irbork »

The fix introduced in 0.17.15 is not working. It's even worse than it was before, as if you remembered to place poles first, before any inserters and assemblers, you got proper blueprinted power pole layout, what is not true now. Currently I see no difference over dragging the poles over empty terrain and a blueprint.

s I I e e I I s e I I e s I I e e I I s
S I I e e I I S e I I e s I S e e I I s e S - just like there is no blueprint, even one ghost inserter got overwritten

The poles have to be forced to be placed as soon as you go over ghosted ones of the same type. After this dragging script has to sort of restart and next will be placed after wire reach of the last one unless another ghost will get over cursor first. No ghost entity of the other types should ever be replaced by power pole dragging. Dragging medium power poles over small power pole ghosts forces the placement but not the other way around.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.16] Wrong power pole placement with dragging over partly build blueprints

Post by Twinsen »

If I understand correctly, this is more of a feature request.

When you build any entity over a ghost, that ghost is destroyed if it's different, so poles are no different.
Smart reviving while moving is also a feature request, if you want ghosts to be built easily, you should use robots.

The smart pole coverage tracking even ignores ghosts as far as I know.

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.16] Wrong power pole placement with dragging over partly build blueprints

Post by irbork »

Twinsen wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:30 am
If I understand correctly, this is more of a feature request.

When you build any entity over a ghost, that ghost is destroyed if it's different, so poles are no different.
Smart reviving while moving is also a feature request, if you want ghosts to be built easily, you should use robots.

The smart pole coverage tracking even ignores ghosts as far as I know.
In 0.17 new feature appeared that allowed building poles over ghost poles easier. But it did not work 100% correctly. This is why i reported a bug.
In my opinion removing this feature and going back to 0.16 behavior is not a good fix.
Even if it was not working 100%, it was still useful and a step in the right direction. I would rather have it back as it was in 0.17.15 than what we have in 0.17.16.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Not sure what feature you are referring to, was it in the changelog?

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

You may be right. Ghosts are for bots. I will avoid placing power poles over ghost with nanobots mod.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

I added smart reviving when dragging over ghosts of the same type in Version: 0.17.18. Let me know if there are any problem from this.

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

Thank you so much :D
I'll test it thoroughly.

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

It's perfect works exactly as I wanted it to work in all situations. It's in my top 5 most useful QoL improvements of 0.17. Thanks again.

Return to “Pending”