[kovarex] [0.17.9] Crash selecting deconstructor planner filters

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
jbirch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.9] Crash selecting deconstructor planner filters

Post by jbirch »

I placed a blueprint that uses wooden power poles -- but I didn't have any wooden power poles on me, and wished to place medium power poles instead. I selected a red deconstruction blueprint (a redprint?), to delete only the ghost tiles of the wooden power poles. What follows is a fallible recollection of the steps I took :pokerface:
  • Ensure there is an unused spot on the toolbar (That is, no item is selected)
  • Left-click the red deconstruction blueprint on the toolbar with the mouse, once.
  • While holding that red deconstruction planner, left-click a free spot on the toolbar once, because you forget how the new toolbar experience works.
  • Open the deconstruction planner by right-clicking it once.
  • Left-click the top-left-most free space once, and select the wooden power pole by left-clicking it once
  • Observe crash
This resulted in the first Factorio crash I've ever seen (aside: thoroughly impressed with that kind of track record!), with instructions to report here. Unfortunately, it looks distinct from viewtopic.php?f=47&t=67045 -- hence the new report.

I'll attempt to reproduce this again in the coming days to validate if the instructions I've outlined can reliably cause the crash. I've attached both the save, and the last autosave, before this crash happened -- Conveniently there is a blueprint for a smelting arrangement that contains wooden poles in the inventory -- the very same I placed and wanted to delete the wooden pole ghosts from.
Attachments
_autosave1.zip
Last autosave before crash
(7.86 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
.17.zip
Save file loaded that eventually caused the crash
(7.84 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
factorio-current.log
(10.34 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.9] Segfault and crash selecting deconstructor planner filters

Post by TruePikachu »

Code: Select all

1291.172 Info AppManager.cpp:267: Saving to _autosave1 (blocking).
1291.235 Error CrashHandler.cpp:515: Received SIGSEGV
Factorio crashed. Generating symbolized stacktrace, please wait ...
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\libraries\stackwalker\stackwalker.cpp (924): StackWalker::ShowCallstack
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\util\logger.cpp (415): Logger::writeStacktrace
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\util\logger.cpp (566): Logger::logStacktrace
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\util\crashhandler.cpp (169): CrashHandler::writeStackTrace
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\util\crashhandler.cpp (524): CrashHandler::SignalHandler
minkernel\crts\ucrt\src\appcrt\misc\exception_filter.cpp (219): _seh_filter_exe
f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl (304): `__scrt_common_main_seh'::`1'::filt$0
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF64954FAE8)
00007FF64954FAE8 (Factorio): (filename not available): __C_specific_handler
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFE209C468F)
00007FFE209C468F (ntdll): (filename not available): _chkstk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFE20924BEF)
00007FFE20924BEF (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlWalkFrameChain
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFE209C33FE)
00007FFE209C33FE (ntdll): (filename not available): KiUserExceptionDispatcher
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\gui\deconstructionitemgui.cpp (144): DeconstructionItemGui::logic
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\libraries\agui\gui.cpp (669): agui::Gui::recursiveDoLogic
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\libraries\agui\gui.cpp (675): agui::Gui::recursiveDoLogic
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\libraries\agui\gui.cpp (633): agui::Gui::logic
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\globalcontext.cpp (1294): GlobalContext::updateGui
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\mainloop.cpp (839): MainLoop::processEvent
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\mainloop.cpp (657): MainLoop::processAllegroEvents
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\mainloop.cpp (488): MainLoop::prePrepare
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\mainloop.cpp (574): MainLoop::mainLoopStep
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\mainloop.cpp (366): MainLoop::run
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-1cqbqz\src\main.cpp (1242): wmain
Interestingly enough, that autosave less than 1/10 of a second before the crash (as attached in OP) doesn't look corrupt -- at least on the .zip file level.

jbirch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.9] Crash selecting deconstructor planner filters

Post by jbirch »

Indeed, when I got back to playing, that's the save I continued to play from! Anecdotally, my autosaves are on the order of a fraction of a second, currently.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce the problem. I've attempted to do so by waiting at each step for an autosave to kick in as well to no avail.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.9] Crash selecting deconstructor planner filters

Post by kovarex »

Hello, looked at the crash report and dump file, and I wasn't able to figure out what went wrong, or how could it be reproduced, so I'm moving it o pending. Let me know if it ever happens again please.

Return to “Pending”