[0.11.3] log bots not filling request

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.11.3] log bots not filling request

Post by Boogieman14 »

In the attached save, I have an ongoing (character logistics) request for 100 express belts. There's plenty available in the network and there's logistics robots sitting idle in nearby roboports, but I'm not receiving any belts. If I change the requested amount to 200, they suddenly jump into action and bring me 200. I'm running a fairly heavily modded game, but nothing that I'm aware of that does anything with bots (only treefarm adds its own roboport, but I don't use those)

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0zh9nmhhf1tf ... e.zip?dl=0
Mods: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr8wzmxy6vuui ... s.zip?dl=0
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.3] log bots not filling request

Post by BurnHard »

I experienced something similar with construction robots.
I have A LOT of workorders open (trees marked for harvesting), a lot of construction bots ideling in the roboport. Then after some time (even one minute and more) they start to come out in small waves. Is that some kind of internal limiting on assigning new orders?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

BurnHard: This depends on how many open requests you have, look this https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =23&t=5653
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

BurnHard wrote:I experienced something similar with construction robots.
I have A LOT of workorders open (trees marked for harvesting), a lot of construction bots ideling in the roboport. Then after some time (even one minute and more) they start to come out in small waves. Is that some kind of internal limiting on assigning new orders?
Yes, it is.

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Well i use an insane amount of bots, and have not noticed that long delay. and "batches"robots to do things. (maybe it takes 5 sec, to summon 15.000 bots, but i am ok with that)

Wat i did notice was, that i request 50 items, and that i get back 52 items.
Request 100 items, and get back 101 items.
This is not the case when i am in the middle of my base.
But when i am far from my base, i need to wait 4min for the bots to bring me the items, and then i get some more then i requested (in rare occasions)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I tried to load the save, but one of the mods wasn't already working in the newest version.
(I had to fix one core factorio bug related to loading the game without the mod as well).

Is there any up to date save with the problem?

P.S. Is there some non-standard way you could get those items into your inventory? (Mod or similar).

Frostea
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Frostea »

rorror wrote:Well i use an insane amount of bots, and have not noticed that long delay. and "batches"robots to do things. (maybe it takes 5 sec, to summon 15.000 bots, but i am ok with that)

Wat i did notice was, that i request 50 items, and that i get back 52 items.
Request 100 items, and get back 101 items.
This is not the case when i am in the middle of my base.
But when i am far from my base, i need to wait 4min for the bots to bring me the items, and then i get some more then i requested (in rare occasions)
The robots are bringing extra due to their carrying limits being upgraded, but that is not taken into account properly. I think this is worthy of a separate bug report.

Return to “Pending”