[0.10.9][kovarex] Ambient music volume control

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.10.9][kovarex] Ambient music volume control

Post by Boogieman14 »

A very minor issue: It would appear that changes to the Ambient volume slider only take effect after the currently playing track finishes. No idea how complicated this fix would be, but as quick and slightly unclean workaround, perhaps force a restart of the ambient track whenever that slider gets changed?
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.10.9][kovarex] Ambient music volume control

Post by kovarex »

Hello, this is really strange, but I just verified that it works correctly, when I change the volume and resume the game (as the music and all sounds are faded off in the menu), the ambient music volume changes accordingly.

What system do you use?

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

I'm on a Windows 7 x64 machine (Realtek HD on-board sound card).

I did have a bit of a closer listen, and changing ambient volume does seem to have an immediate effect (it's a bit hard to tell with the music pausing for the menu), but the next track still sounds quite a lot louder. This might also simply be related to the track itself. Is there a trick to make the same track repeat?
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Not currently, but you can play the track it is in data/core/ambient

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Well, I guess especially coming from one of the more atmospheric tracks, haluzsqua appears rather loud. Perhaps that's what gave me the idea. Looks like this was a case of picnic (problem in chair, not in computer). Thanks for looking into it.

Return to “Pending”