[Pending] Inserters vs underground belts

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Pending] Inserters vs underground belts

Post by Mysteria9 »

Inserters can pick up items from an underground belt entrance (from the side of the belt), but only while the items on the belt are moving. If the belt gets backed up, the inserter won't pick up anything.
I believe the window on the underground belt where the inserter is operational is too small, so the items must have quite specific coordinates to be picked up? Widening the "belt part" of an underground belt piece should resolve this.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Inserters vs underground belts

Post by MF- »

I would prefer increasing inserter's "search scope"

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Pe] Inserters vs underground belts

Post by kovarex »

I don't understand what is the problem there, maybe if you could provide an image.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Pending] Inserters vs underground belts

Post by MF- »

I don't remember exactly what was this about.. And I haven't kept a save suffering from this around.

Something related to inserters picking up items from the underground belt entrances.
However, I wasn't able to reproduce. Either I forgot some important details, or this got fixed during the inserter sprite changes.

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Pending] Inserters vs underground belts

Post by wrtlprnft »

I think I understand the problem. Consider this scenario (save file):

When you actually power it up, the following happens:

Note how the inserters at the belt exit can't pick up any moving objects (demonstrated by the belt at the left, which can't get stuck). Fast inserters can, at least for basic transport belts.

When the belt gets backed up, depending on the exact “alignment” of the items, the inserter will either pick up items as they arrive or just sit there. Maybe increasing the search scope by just a tiny amount can fix at least the latter problem.

Return to “Pending”