[posila][0.16.0] Locked file after process termination via Win10 bash

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[posila][0.16.0] Locked file after process termination via Win10 bash

Post by doktorstick »

I was setting up a server under Windows 10 bash. I am using ComEmu64 as my emulator.

The process was running with 0.16 and I saw a reddit update that 0.16.1. I tried to^C the server process to shut it down and it did not respond to the keyboard input. Instead I ^Z it to suspend the process and then issued a kill %1. The process terminated but I could not relaunch the process due to factorio-current.log being locked by process Factorio.

The naive task manager showed no Factorio processes running. The sysinternals Process Explorer found the factorio.exe. Once I nuked it from orbit, the lock on the file was released.

The bugs seem to be not handling neither ^C nor SIGTERM properly from the Linux-side of Win10.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.0] Locked file after process termination via Win10 bash

Post by posila »

Hi, I was going to look into this, but I am confused about you running factorio.exe from bash? Was it really factorio.exe as in Windows binary or was it Linux headless server (so just factorio)?

EDIT: both ^C and ^Z + kill %9 work fine for me when running linux headless server in "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10", I didn't try it through ComEmu64 yet

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [posila][0.16.0] Locked file after process termination via Win10 bash

Post by steinio »

Win10 bash = cmd.exe

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Pending”