[posila][0.15.31] cropcache.dat is being a pain

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[posila][0.15.31] cropcache.dat is being a pain

Post by Reika »

Basically whenever users change mods, or when a mod changes the size of an existing texture, crop-cache.dat goes out of date and needs to be manually deleted. No big deal...now try telling that to a flood of users who cannot even find the file, let alone trust you and actually delete it.

Getting a great many spurious bug reports about this is fairly irritating. Can the system be designed in such a way as to automatically delete rather than throwing errors like "position X,Y is outside the sprite"?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.31] cropcache.dat is being a pain

Post by posila »

Hi, that is strange, changing definition of sprite in prototype or png file itself should invalidate the cache. Can you give me example of mod that you have trouble with?

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.31] cropcache.dat is being a pain

Post by Reika »

posila wrote:Hi, that is strange, changing definition of sprite in prototype or png file itself should invalidate the cache. Can you give me example of mod that you have trouble with?
My own mods, as reported by others.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila][0.15.31] cropcache.dat is being a pain

Post by posila »

There will be one more 0.15 release so I would like to fix any crop-cache issues if there are any.

Here is what I did so far:
- I went through discussions under all your mods on the mod portal, but haven't found any reports about "position X,Y is outside the sprite".
- Search for your posts in which you suggest people to delete crop-cache.dat (search.php?keywords=cropcache+crop&term ... mit=Search)
- Modify some vanilla sprites and check they got re-cropped properly.
- Install older versions of all your mods (as of today), run the game, update all the mods and see what happens.

So far I haven't got the error. Could you please link to reports by others, or share reproduction steps? As far as I know there weren't any bug report about sprite cropping since 0.15.7

Return to “Pending”