Factorio wont open after Windows Creators Update

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
monxas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio wont open after Windows Creators Update

Post by monxas »

I've installed windows creators update, and when I try to open the game, it only loads a white screen. There's an error pop up, saying directx has crashed, but I cant read it properly since the pop up is below the white screen. I can only see the preview when alt tabbing, and I can't make it come to the front, it's stuck on the white screen. I can close it by pressing "enter", accepting the pop up.then everything closes. I've noticed in the log it talks about afterburner witch I do have installed. it's the last version, other games are working fine with it in the background, and more importantly, it still crashes when closing Afterburner completely.

Log file atached
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(8.95 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factorio wont open after Windows Creators Update

Post by posila »

monxas wrote: and more importantly, it still crashes when closing Afterburner completely.
To show in-game overlays, Afterburner uses another application - RivaTuner Statistics Server. Is that also the latest version? Did you close it too? (The log still shows its DLL being hooked into the game)

monxas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by monxas »

Yeah, I closed both. The thing is I tried it after reading the log, and didn't take the new one. Later today I can post the newer one with both closed.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Did you manage to get it to run? If not, can you post new log with RivaTuner Statistics server disabled?

Return to “Pending”