[0.15.9] [kovarex] Save with open research window = can't close

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
byteme8bit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.15.9] [kovarex] Save with open research window = can't close

Post by byteme8bit »

[0.15.9] (build 29504, win64, steam)

TL;DR: If you save with the completed research window open (the one that opens automatically when research completes), exit and then load that save you will be unable to close the research window.

Hello,

Today while playing, the window that opens automatically when a technology research is completed opened up. When it did I saw a technology from a mod. I wanted to remove it. So I saved and exited the game (without closing the research window). I removed the mod and reloaded. When I loaded I was unable to close the research window. No matter what hotkey or key combination I used.

To reproduce the error simply start a research and let it complete. Without closing that window save and exit. Then load that save.

It is worth noting that I do use the "Auto Research" mod. Maybe this had something to do with it? IMO, it is doubtful but what do I know.
Link to mod:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/canidae/auto-research

No crash log to provide since there was no crash.

I simply loaded an autosave and cut my loses (5 minutes of time & work).

I overwrote the save with this bug before I thought to post this report :(

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.9] Save with open research window = can't close

Post by daniel34 »

Original post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ant_close/
The image was taken before saving/loading. In my opinion the "bug" was caused by pressing Shift+Space (pause with grid) with the technology window open, which blocks all input except Esc.
It is not limited to the technology window, this can happen at any time and only Shift+Space will unpause it.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.9] [kovarex] Save with open research window = can't close

Post by kovarex »

I can't replicate it. I suggest the autoresearch mod.

Return to “Pending”