[0.14.9] [hanziq] Mac System Crash with Factorio context switch

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Dahn94
Inserter
Inserter

[0.14.9] [hanziq] Mac System Crash with Factorio context switch

Post by Dahn94 »

I'm still debugging/narrowing the issue but with my current map, I'm seeing a hard system crash (mac reboots) when launching from Steam and switching between Factorio and other apps relatively quickly. I'm posting first to see if anyone has similar reports. I'll upload my save + mods or the whole game directory shortly.

The entire screen & mouse/keyboard hang for about 30 sec and then the system reboots. Usually Factorio is in the background and the crash happens as I try to bring it to the foreground or am context switching between several apps and Factorio happens to cycle thru the front. The game is not paused.

I'm going to be upgrading to Sierra shortly (currently using 10.11.6). If there are any specific tips on what to search for related to the crash, happy to take any input. Currently sifting thru the console to see if I can find any kernel panics or other obvious logs.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.14.9] Mac System Crash with Factorio context switch

Post by aubergine18 »

I'm also Mac user: OS X 10.11.5 (El Capitan) on late 2012 iMac - not experiencing the issue mentioned above.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.14.9] [hanziq] Mac System Crash with Factorio context switch

Post by HanziQ »

Still happenning in Sierra? Does factorio print anything useful to the log file, or maybe to Console.app?

Return to “Pending”