0.8.8 and 0.9.7 cant update scenario packs

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
blecha100
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

0.8.8 and 0.9.7 cant update scenario packs

Post by blecha100 »

after it dowloads them they seem to cannot be opened (the zip files) in 0.8.8 this leads to crash without error in 0.9.7 it leads to crash with error : could not open file "the first zip file from download queue (dont know name precisely its update from 0.0.0 to 0.5.0) when i try to set the folder in appdata as NOT read-only folder it does nothing when i check back its again read-only folder (win 8.1) well the best fix for this would be to let the game download it somewhere else than appdata sys folder perhaps a folder in games directory would be great:) anyway somone knows something to fix it? i would love to get my scenarios:))
EDIT: ok so its not about read only settings cause those zips are NOT read only soooo i guess a weird bug for my distribution of win8.1? (the most common thing nowadays...)
EDIT2: the precise text of the error: "error opening update package: opening zip C:/users/Vojtěch/Appdata/Roaming/factorio/temp/scenario-pack-0.0.0-0.5.0-update.zip failed"

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 0.8.8 and 0.9.7 cant update scenario packs

Post by slpwnd »

This could be related to the bug with unicode characters on the path. I am putting this to pending. If it happens after 0.10.0 let us know.

Return to “Pending”