[0.13.10][pending] Constant Desync and Disconnects

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

[0.13.10][pending] Constant Desync and Disconnects

Post by lenny27g »

I host a LAN server for myself and one other. Since we updated to 0.13.10 (from 0.13.06) we have had enormous desync problems and disconnects. We have found a few of the causes of desync, but the majority of it we simply cannot figure out what the problem is.

If either of us mouse over an item being crafted by hand (bottom left) the game will slow down and desync.
If the client looks at his skill tree he will usually desync and quite often simply disconnect immediately upon opening the tech tree.
If either of us looks at the production graphs, it causes some desync.
Creatures attacking and being shot by turrets seems to cause desync, but usually not enough for a disconnect.

But typically, we are both doing something simple (such as standing still or just walking) when the game desyncs and the client gets disconnected. Sometimes he gets disconnected 3 or 4 times in a row immediately upon reconnecting.

The game slows down for us a LOT now. During these slowdowns there is no FPS or UPS drop at all, so I can only assume that it is trying to sync everything. Was looking at the multiplayer wait count and his number always spikes before things start to slow down or cause him to disconnect, but we can not find the cause. The game runs perfectly fine in single player.

Here are 5 desync reports from our last playing session
The attachment desync-report-2016-07-24-22-37-09.zip is no longer available
The attachment desync-report-2016-07-25-00-47-22.zip is no longer available
The attachment desync-report-2016-07-25-00-47-48.zip is no longer available
The attachment desync-report-2016-07-25-00-52-06.zip is no longer available
The attachment desync-report-2016-07-25-01-16-54.zip is no longer available
Edit: And my log from our last playing session
factorio-current.log
(77.26 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.10] Constant Desync and Disconnects

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you upload all of the mods?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

mods.zip
(103.15 MiB) Downloaded 124 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I tried to reproduce the desync on my end but I'm not able to. None of the things you mention actually cause any desyncs. If they did, nobody would be able to play multiplayer.

Have you tried running memory tests on your/your friends computers? It almost sounds like *random anything* causes desyncs which says RAM issues.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

I suspected RAM issues actually and a few days ago my computer bluescreened and wouldn't start because one of the RAM sticks died. But... after removing the faulty stick and extensively testing the other ones, the problem still persists. And it only started after I updated the game. It seems to be the worst when creatures start following either of us. We both have good computers that normally run the game with no problems. Played a lot since I created this thread and it still happens. Unfortunately I am no closer to figuring out what might be the cause, I was hoping that the RAM was indeed the issue, but it appears not to be. Restarting the server when it starts to get really bad seems to make it run a bit better, other than that I have found no fix. :\

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

When you fight biters, do you use both flamethrower and slowdown capsules?

Return to “Pending”