[0.13.6] [Pending] Crash at startup

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.6] [Pending] Crash at startup

Post by DevilXD »

Tried to launch Factorio today and got a white screen and a crash. It looked like I accidentally launched Factorio two times (there was two instances showing in the taskbar and two crash messages). Game loaded normally when I've tried to launch it a second time. Log attached.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6.39 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.6] Crash at startup

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

If you can find any way to reproduce the issue, please let us know, a single crash log is hard to diagnose

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.13.6] Crash at startup

Post by DevilXD »

Klonan wrote:If you can find any way to reproduce the issue, please let us know, a single crash log is hard to diagnose
Yes, I understand, but I've never had problems at startup, this is first time it weirded out and crashed. As I stated, there was two instances of Factorio running at the same time (I'm not sure how that happened, maybe I've clicked to many times) and those instances loading together caused each of them to crash (I've got two "error occurred" popups).

gir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.13.6] [Pending] Crash at startup

Post by gir »

I encountered the same problem with almost similar symptoms: I was trying to launch Factorio via Steam (klicking on the Desktop Icon with the Steam-App link, Steam not running), a white screen appeared and after about a minute only one "error occurred" dialog popped up and i saw there where two instances of Factorio open. But both where only a white screen. The next time (Steam already running) Factorio launched just fine.
I tried to reproduce this crash with Steam on/off but i couldn't.

Logfile attached:
factorio-current.log
(3.77 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Killerbee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.13.6] [Pending] Crash at startup

Post by Killerbee »

The errors in the log appear very similar to the errors in the log in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=22497
So this issue might be related.

Return to “Pending”