[0.12.30] [kovarex] Dead players in multiplayer savegames are dead for good

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Ext3h
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.12.30] [kovarex] Dead players in multiplayer savegames are dead for good

Post by Ext3h »

Just as the title says.

If you load a saved multiplayer game in which a player is dead (meaning he was currently in the respawn timer when the savegame was created), the player will stay dead when reconnecting. Respectively, he won't get a character spawned and is stuck in observer mode.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.30] [kovarex] Dead players in multiplayer savegames are dead for good

Post by kovarex »

I tried to reproduce it, and it worked properly in my test s(the respawn window is created and continue the countdown and the player gets the character at the end).

Ext3h
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.30] [kovarex] Dead players in multiplayer savegames are dead for good

Post by Ext3h »

My fault, I checked back with the other user, and it wasn't a player, but the host wo was dead in the savegame.

Even though I still don't know how that happened. It was an autosave, and the game was played in singleplayer at times.
I think the savegame was from a singleplayer. It looks as if the autosave did capture the (dead) player right before the "Game finished" screen showed up.

Trying to replicate it, I did encounter a different bug though:
If you save a single player game where the "Game finished" screen is showing, and load into into multiplayer, every other player will see that screen, and each of the buttons will crash the game for each player who clicks it except for the host.
Newly joining players get a character despite the game being "finished" (and auto respawn works for them), but the host will never respawn. That's close to what I've encountered the last time, except for the "Game finished" dialogue I can't close in MP.

I just wonder... Why was it even possible to save the game in SP with the "Game finished" dialogue open? In MP, that dialogue does what you would expect, it blocks the ESC key from pulling up the menu. But it does not appear to do that in SP properly. Autosave shouldn't have worked either, but it did happen in the short timeframe between the dialogue and the characters death.

And one more:
Playing around with the "Game finished" screen on the host, more specifically attempting to load a new map from that menu (the savegame with the "Game finished" dialogue active), while a client was connected in MP, did cause the host to crash, see attached log.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(58.34 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

Return to “Pending”